Mr. Kidneys Echo 24".

SamKidney

Its here! Super quick service from Tartybikes as usual, and the quality of the frame is amazing.

Super stoked to have whats essentially a full new build after years.

Will update the thread as I set about building it, and when its completed!

P8240013.jpg

Edit: Was too excited to get it built to take photos during the process. I'll get a nicer image when I get out again, just shot this on my phone.

LOVE the Vee! Probably the easiest brake Ive ever set up, literally whacked it on, got the pads lined up and boom, savage brake.

Rear brake is amazing even without a booster, running TNN Blacks. Everything on the bike seems to just work with each other really well.

The Fat Albert Tyre is probably the bounciest thing Ive ever run, in conjunction with a welterweight tube and V!Z rim. Need to force myself to

run it at a higher pressure to increase its stability though. Grip leaves a little to be desired in the wet as Ive found, but that just may be the rock in my garden being

slippy, time will tell.

Will probably switch out the stem for something a little shorter and lower, but this seems okay for the time being.

488309_3678122079581_844016126_n.jpg

Edited by Echo Lite 09
  • Like 3

I know Ive only had it for less than 24 hours, but...

what are other peoples experiences with the Fat Albert Tyre? Its super bouncy, which I like, but hasn't seemed very grippy. Is it just the wet weather?

I went to side to rear a smallish wall, natrual stone, and the tyre just slipped straight off, putting a scratch in my lovely new cranks! ::giggle:

Could it just be the stone, mixed with the weather? I like to ride natty, and I'll be a little disappointed if the tyre cant cope when the going gets a little damp...

Bugger. Ah well, I'll run it until a viable replacement comes about for 24". Would have gone for a supertacky 24" Highroller but Maxxis discontinued it...

Cheers.

Edit~ Are the Big Bettys any better? I'll get hold of one soon if so.

Edit 2: never mind, both use the same compound.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Its incredible! Ive ridden both mod and stock within the space of half a year, then been off the bike for another 2 months.

This rides like no other bike Ive had! It feels like a mod getting it onto the rear wheel, nice and quick, and stands on the rear wheel effortlessly.

Its really flicky, again like a mod, but having bigger wheels and being higher up makes the bike feel right. Always felt that mods were a tad small.

Although Im sure this rear tyre will be more than fine in the dry, I'd quite like to find a decent all round tyre that will cope in the wet.

Anyone shed light on which tyres are the best option for decent wet weather performance?

Its incredible! Ive ridden both mod and stock within the space of half a year, then been off the bike for another 2 months.

This rides like no other bike Ive had! It feels like a mod getting it onto the rear wheel, nice and quick, and stands on the rear wheel effortlessly.

Its really flicky, again like a mod, but having bigger wheels and being higher up makes the bike feel right. Always felt that mods were a tad small.

Ah alright I see, always wanted a 24" pure trial. Even before they got like "popular":) This makes me wan't one ven more even though I'm happy with my mod:)

Ah alright I see, always wanted a 24" pure trial. Even before they got like "popular" :) This makes me wan't one ven more even though I'm happy with my mod:)

I literally only went for it as Id never ever tried one. Was so close to getting another stock. My only gripe is the rear tyre, which isnt as grippy in the wet as Id thought, but its better than the Kenda Kinetics tyre that comes on the standard build.

• Like 1

Which tubes were you running?

Maxxis welterweight, it died almost every ride.

Then a 400g DH tube, still punctured.

Now Maxxis hi roller and DH tube, had the setup when I went to radfest and only pinched once doing a gap and the tyre bottomed out, was a nasty one though.

Get the high roller, and you'll notice a difference in grip and punctures regardless of inner tube.

Great. Should have asked here first! Thats £45 down the drain essentially then.

Im running Maxxis Welterweights too, but no punctures as of yet.

Can't fault high rollers! Even slicked mine was grippy. Matt has issues with his fat Albert as well.

Was yours the super tacky option or the standard high roller?

Sounds like I need to get hold of one now :(

Mine was the £35 one I think, I'll have a look on the tyre later. Not the super tacky I think.

Keep the alberts, ride them for a bit if they don't puncture all the time and grip well then keep them :) deffo try out some hi rollers in the future. I'm looking forward to a tryall 24" tyre.

• Like 2

Super tacky. You'll get one on here cheap as the weight puts people off. Even if it's the standard one it'll be a marked improvement.

Get in touch with clarkehutchinson he has my old one

Cheers (Y)

Mine was the £35 one I think, I'll have a look on the tyre later. Not the super tacky I think.

Keep the alberts, ride them for a bit if they don't puncture all the time and grip well then keep them :) deffo try out some hi rollers in the future. I'm looking forward to a tryall 24" tyre.

Mine was £45, and has "snakeskin" puncture protection apparently according to tartys description. Done some fair sized gaps with a brutal landing or two and its been okay, with no puncutes, even at low pressure. Will try them in the dry and see how I get on. Will definitely be looking at a Big Betty or High Roller in a wee while. Ive put in a mention on Try Alls facebook page! haha

Just be aTGS fag and don't ride in the rain, you know it makes sense :P

Ride wit meh and Pollard next week den?!

• Like 1