Mr. Kidneys Echo 24".

SamKidney

It's a 116mm frame right?

It is. The hub came with snail cams.

Ran the hub without them in my Ice as it was 110mm, but have added them again to attain the correct spacing for the frame.

Replacing them with 3mm washers soon to make it look a tad neater.

It is. The hub came with snail cams.

Ran the hub without them in my Ice as it was 110mm, but have added them again to attain the correct spacing for the frame.

Replacing them with 3mm washers soon to make it look a tad neater.

Jeez, get a 116mm hub. :P

Jeez, get a 116mm hub. :P

It is a 116 spaced hub! Echo do an updated TR hub for these/the lite frames without the snail cams (as theyre not needed) but with spacers that are 3mm longer.

I bought my hub before then, when the latest echo frames required cams, so the spacers on the hubs were 3mm shorter, and the snail cams made up the 3mm either side.

All works fine! Will look fine when I get some proper washers in there to neaten it up.

It is a 116 spaced hub! Echo do an updated TR hub for these/the lite frames without the snail cams (as theyre not needed) but with spacers that are 3mm longer.

I bought my hub before then, when the latest echo frames required cams, so the spacers on the hubs were 3mm shorter, and the snail cams made up the 3mm either side.

All works fine! Will look fine when I get some proper washers in there to neaten it up.

Oh I thought you said it has a 110mm hub, read it wrong. I run mine without any spacers, don't see why you cannot?

Oh I thought you said it has a 110mm hub, read it wrong. I run mine without any spacers, don't see why you cannot?

Without the snail cams and just the axle spacers, when tightened the axle bottoms out on the bolt washers.

If you look at it without cams, it is a 110mm hub. With the cams, which are 3mm thick, it makes it 116 spaced.

Your hub will have axle spacers that are each 3mm longer than mine, meaning its 116 without cams :)

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Without the snail cams and just the axle spacers, when tightened the axle bottoms out on the bolt washers.

If you look at it without cams, it is a 110mm hub. With the cams, which are 3mm thick, it makes it 116 spaced.

Your hub will have axle spacers that are each 3mm longer than mine, meaning its 116 without cams :)

So it is a 110mm hub haha, may as well upgrade to 116mm in the future. Good solution though.

So it is a 110mm hub haha, may as well upgrade to 116mm in the future. Good solution though.

No point in spending £40 for a hub, with the only difference being the length of the spacers. My axle is the same length as a 116 hub, just the spacers are shorter.

This runs exactly the same :)

No point in spending £40 for a hub, with the only difference being the length of the spacers. My axle is the same length as a 116 hub, just the spacers are shorter.

This runs exactly the same :)

Ohh but you know you want to. ;)

It makes a world of difference. ;)

I used to have one exactly the same as that near enough, agree about the vee, wish I still had mine!

the only

thin I would say is the stem looks abit overkill, it would be fine with something like a rockman with a couple of spacers

Edited by onza limey20

I used to have one exactly the same as that near enough, agree about the vee, wish I still had mine!

the only

thin I would say is the stem looks abit overkill, it would be fine with something like a rockman with a couple of spacers

Cheers. Ive ridden one with the rockman stem on it and, after riding my own with this stem, it just didnt feel as nice. The only reason the stem looks overkill is its not the usual choice. Infact, in person it looks entirely right on the bike, and as seen here, Ive had more than a few people tell me its the nicest 24" theyve ridden. Its working for me and feels so comfortable and balanced. That and my steerer is too short to run a 150x30 with enough spacers to acheive the same feel.

Yeah,but that speed dial thingy makes a biiig difference.

How so?

Edited by Echo Lite 09