Anybody Tried Out A Btwin Rockrider 6.3?

CurtisRider

I think the main thing that makes the difference is front drive or rear. 250w should be enough as that is pretty much what all standard electric bikes (which probably weigh a good few kg's more than the Rockrider) run on. I read that 500w motors can get over 30mph but it all depends on your budget.

Sorry for not replying before you ordered it but ill give my two cents anyway.

The rockrider bikes seem to measure up ever so slightly smaller to the typical sort of standard mtb sizes but not by much. With standard bar and stem length and geometries it sounds like it will measure up ideally for what you're after.

I'd say the bike on the site is either a medium or large, I do believe the small sizes have a kink in the top tube.

£350 seems like even more of a good deal and probably good you bought it while you did cause it's being replaced by a new model which isn't quite as good.

I've unfortunately been out of the loop with anything fairly recent due to being off sick with 3 broken bones :P

I think the main thing that makes the difference is front drive or rear. 250w should be enough as that is pretty much what all standard electric bikes (which probably weigh a good few kg's more than the Rockrider) run on. I read that 500w motors can get over 30mph but it all depends on your budget.

Budget I guess is around £500-£600. That would be a total spend of £850-£950, which doesn't get you much in terms of a prebuilt electric bike, so I can justify that... just about. I have a 350w scooter (don't laugh.. it's awesome :D) and I don't think that would make it up the hill.. so I'm tempted to go for 500w. Really can't decide at the moment.

Do you still live in Cardiff Tom? Or around should I say

Nope, not for a couple of years now. My girlfriend got a work placement near where I grew up (in fact, the same hospital I was born in), so I've moved back to Pembrokeshire. Loving it now I'm back, but totally not in my life plans.. (not that I had any!)

Sorry for not replying before you ordered it but ill give my two cents anyway.

The rockrider bikes seem to measure up ever so slightly smaller to the typical sort of standard mtb sizes but not by much. With standard bar and stem length and geometries it sounds like it will measure up ideally for what you're after.

I'd say the bike on the site is either a medium or large, I do believe the small sizes have a kink in the top tube.

£350 seems like even more of a good deal and probably good you bought it while you did cause it's being replaced by a new model which isn't quite as good.

I've unfortunately been out of the loop with anything fairly recent due to being off sick with 3 broken bones :P

No problem, I only gave you about 20 minutes before I bought it haha.

Good news that it should fit. Interesting you mention the top tube, I saw this on the french site: http://www.decathlon.fr/vtt-rockrider-500s-tout-suspendu-id_8208677.html - I guess that might be a small one then

Well, it turned up. Well impressed for the money. I thought they would scrimp where they could, but kenda tyres for example are a nice touch when they could have saved £2 and put some unbranded ones on. Attention to details is good, matching anodized qr's, little rubber bumpers on the cables, decent grips.

Glad I got a medium, perfect for me and it's surprisingly not too heavy. Not sure what the forks will be like (suntours) so they may be getting upgraded at some point along with the rear shock, but they should do the job for the time being.

I haven't ridden it yet, so it may ride like a bag of shit, but it looks nice at least.