New Hex Bikes And Frames

ben@inspired

We are very pleased to announce the arrival of the new Hex bikes. Details of the Hex Team and Hex Pro bikes are now available to view on our complete Bikes page.

The Hex frames now feature a slightly longer top tube that, combined with the shorter-offset forks and shorter stem on the complete bikes, results in a bike with much more responsive steering, while your contact points with the bike (pedals and handlebar grips) are in exactly the same position relative to each other as before, so the Hex feels better than ever!

The geometry, colour options and graphics have been updated for these new versions. The Team bikes are available in brand new Cherry Red or Apple Green colour schemes and now come with great-looking, colour-matched forks, while the Hex Pro bikes are now available in Gloss White and Gloss grey colour schemes.

The new Hex bikes and frames are available now from official Inspired dealers.

Hex-Range.jpg

• Like 1

Seems strange to bother bringing it out without a disc mount yet.

I'd imagine most people will still just wait for the disc version.

Loving the colours though. I'm starting to like the matching frame/fork colours now.

Black cranks across the range would be my choice though.

I've already ordered one in Australia.

I can't wait to get it and give it a ride.

I agree that rear disc would be nice, however my current set up, hs33,tnn lgm, on a smooth ano rim.

My brakes are amazing for Manuals and hold amazing when riding trials.

I love the new colour ways. I ordered the green team, I hope the colour looks better in person.( no doubt it won't be sick)

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like I'm stating the obvious, it depends which Echo forks you have...

The new inspired Team forks have a 410mm crown to axle length and 30mm axle offset. The 2012 Echo Urbans have the same offset, but 405mm c-a, the 09 Urbans have a 45mm offset and 402 c-a and the SLs have a 40mm offset and 400mm c-a. They would all make a difference to the geo, but without knowing the geometry of your fork it's difficult to say what that would be. We suggest you find out the geo of your fork and compare it to ours and then you can work out what the difference would be.

Hope that helped (Y)

At the risk of sounding like I'm stating the obvious, it depends which Echo forks you have...

The new inspired Team forks have a 410mm crown to axle length and 30mm axle offset. The 2012 Echo Urbans have the same offset, but 405mm c-a, the 09 Urbans have a 45mm offset and 402 c-a and the SLs have a 40mm offset and 400mm c-a. They would all make a difference to the geo, but without knowing the geometry of your fork it's difficult to say what that would be. We suggest you find out the geo of your fork and compare it to ours and then you can work out what the difference would be.

Hope that helped (Y)

I'm sorry I did not make my question clear, I'll try again.

(Message aimed at Tartybike's)

Usually on Tartybikes.co.uk website a frame is measured by them using Echo urban forks, Presuming they use the same geo fork each time, I was interested in what the geo of the new Hex frame is measured using this standard method. I am presuming the Hex geo on the website is measured with the inspired fork as its the same as the full build geo.

That method soooort of became not-so-standard once Deng started freestyling the geo of the Urban forks. The '09 ones were nice and easy because they stayed that way for a really long time, but subsequently each batch of Urbans we received used different geo so it became meaningless in a way. That's why for most of our new frames we switched over to say "Geometry (Measured with ___ x __ fork, sold separately)" because it gives you more of an idea of what the geo would be if you compare that fork to your own fork of choice. I forgot to add on the 'Measured with ____ x__" bit on the new Hex frame, but I'll get it added on now.

The geo of this years model compared to the frame you ride is that the reach and wheelbase will be 10mm longer assuming the rest of your setup stays the same.

• Like 1