Marino Bike 2013 Team Rider Found & frame order discussion thread

LEON

I don't really see why trials forum should act as a free medium for you to operate a Marino public relations facility. If you want to act as a go between then people could email/pm you, but if I was you I'd tell the guy about how pissed off his customers are and offer your services to him as some kind of email replying dude in return for money or discount or something along those lines.

A topic for people to manage their orders doesn't really seem right to me.

Edited by Sam Nichols

A topic would be a lot easier than everyone filling Peter's inbox up, he's just helping Marino out. He's not an employee & he's on the other side of the world.

Peter updates topic...then people can check for info if they're after it, the info's all gotta come from Marino anyway so messaging Peter won't speed things up.

• Like 1

its planned exactly like leon said.

people pm me(or leon,if he´d join the club)

to be added to the progress display.

people who want to keep their revolutionary proto ideas :giggle: secret arent forced to show up there.

easy as f...

Edited by FamilyBiker

i´m not intending to commercialize this,josh.but if,i would offer a donation without even thinking about it. :wink2:

also marino denied my offer to do this just a minute ago,he´ll get an employee for this purpose and doesnt want his friends to do it for free.

time for a voluntary "marino frame progress collection thread" :dance:

others could do one for jaf, i´d like it :wink2:

if no mod has problems with that,we could open a permanent "marino order discussion thread",i´d be happy to manage this.

marino would have to answer 3 emails a day instead of 35,and can concentrate on his work.

communication in general would happen here(or via pm for those who whinge about their special details),and being carried to marino by me,or so....

His work is to answer emails. He owns a business and the main part of that is being able to communicate with customers and he can't do that he's looking pretty useless. If I wanted to order a frame I'd want to be able to sort it all out without relying on posting on a public forum that has nothing to do with the business. And having a friend communicate with customers on here is just unprofessional, a business shouldn't work like that.

• Like 1

you didnt order a frame,you arent waiting for anything and you werent disappointed by marino in any way,whats your intention of whinging about it?

friends help each other,he was in trouble to reply to 50+ mails a day,and i did this here on my own.

bitch me if you want,but not someone you not even know a little.

just my opinion,if you feel offended by it.... :blink:

he´ll make a new start and he will get on with what he loves.

in peru.

Edited by FamilyBiker

No disrespect to whoever runs Jaf, but it's a pretty new business & I don't think he has 2% of the orders that Marino has. There is a much bigger demand for it over there, plus the cost is quite a bit less. So I'm not surprised he can do a frame in 10 days, good for him.

But Marino's facebook, blog & website is full of absolutely hundreds of pictures of hundreds of different frames he has built & sold to happy customers.

I'm not excusing the delays or lack of communication from Marino, he needs to work on that & only he can fix it, but he supplies Peru and the rest of the world with endless bmx, dh, dirt, bike polo, road bike etc, as well as a minor market of bikes like ours. He does it all own his own and probably overestimates what he can realistically do against the clock.

People who have ordered and are waiting have every right to be frustrated, I agree, but people who have ordered nothing but choose to post letting us all know roughly how offended they'd be if they HAD ordered something....what is your purpose? It's like those people that phone in & complain about a swear word on live tv that they never saw but looked it up anyway so they could complain.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

You guys keep talking about the masses of work that he has, if this is so (which I don't doubt at all, very much admire his work), why not bring more staff in? Pretty sure it has been said a few times yet I haven't seen a response?

Pretty sure people aren't commenting on how they'd feel if they had ordered, but on how a large, well know company like Marino can't organise a handfull of orders over a 3 (4 now?) month period.

And organizing a companies orders through an online messaging board via a second party that has pretty much nothing to do with the company? Not very professional now, ay? Especially when you have both said HE needs to work on it.

From the experiences most of the people through this thread have had with him, please put up your topic. It'll be interesting to see just how quickly this turns around.

And you can take that zero off my build times buddy (Y).

• Like 1

Buddy? That never really caught on in England.

How he chooses to run his business is none of my business, but I expect that paying extra staff the required wage would greatly eat into the not so brilliant money he gets from doing this.

The message board idea was Peter's, not Marino's, Marino said no when Peter suggested it, because it's not the right way to do it.

It did for me chap (Y).

Yes, that's true, so a price re-structure is in order. Pretty simple business practice. If that's not viable, don't take on the extra work when you know that you're not going to be able to meet the demands of the customer, or in this case, your own conditions of sale.

Good to hear :).

Maybe it is, his prices & policies are his decision, but I'm sure as he sells more frames & more money is coming in he'll get these things done.

Like I said, he wants feedback & each person who ordered a frame will give him theirs, he'll see what needs doing & do it.

Everyone wins!

• Like 1

Hello.
Marino'm not using the forum, my last visit was in 2010, I do not want to advertise virtual.
so I asked Peter not to make any post.
is true that I am very late, I can not justify my poor service.
I'm in touch with my clients they have provided the appropriate apologies, I make trial, and start with trial frame.
but now I do many modalities, my works are 100% hand-design using programs like e BIKECAD, is a job that requires time, I realize most of the process personally.
not easy to get someone to make plans cuts each client changes the whole configuration of the arrays.
Use pipe of 0.7, 0.8, 0.9mm and not as easy soldering these measures.
you can see the improvements in dropouts, laser cut, bolt tensioner incluided, brake guides, heat treatment, such as BMX (delay and depend on other company that provides this service)
unfortunately I had overworked, but I have solved my problems.
I will not use this forum for advertising, my only advertising are my sponsored riders.
Thanks for your time, sorry use google translator.
  • Like 3

The way I see it is, the longer you have to wait for something (be on a waiting list, or whatever) the more exclusive the product is. So just think yourselves lucky :wink:

If Marino was to knock you back because he had too many orders im sure you'd be just as annoyed at the knock back as you are with the infrequent emails?

Wouldnt you be more annoyed if Marino was sat on Facebook with his finger up his hole replying to 50 emails a day rather than just getting on with it - then replying, like he does?

For me, I love the fact that he works on his own. One guy took my order. One guy drew out the geo of my frame, took the picture and discussed any changes. One guy cut the tubes, welded it and sent it off to the heat treaters. One guy sprayed it and waited for it to dry so he could wrap it up and send it off with a little present from Peru. It might take longer that way, but for the time and effort Marino's put into bringing my ideas to fruition, I cant thank him enough for it.

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 2

i have had nothing but compliments to my marino frame and the way it rides, i had nothing but great service from mr marino (if a little slow but i want stuff next day but it was worth every second of the wait)

i then decided to remove the v-brake tabs and add a disc mount by jaff bikes

very good service and good communication and the welding is very nice , BUUUT the disc tab was welded upside down and was not the only one!!!

his work is good but he needs to watch the small details this problem is easily sorted but is a pain some times....

i think its still a big mayority of riders who are glad they ordered a marino frame.

for certain reasons(wich werent marinos fault in any way) my frame was in progress since summer,and i´d never complain about.

this beautiful piece of welded metal is the manifestation of what i am ridingwise,and if it had to be that long to get it all perfect i would´ve been waiting even longer!

to clear things: aprox. building time is 4 weeks to 4 months though,and thats pretty quick compared to triton ,rcp and others.

positive feedback is told poorly,negative feedback is massively blown out.

but thats just human :wink2:

Edited by FamilyBiker

i didnt say:

"come on,join the thread,load your sh... off here!"

i tried to help.

sure i´d not try it in that way again.

the thread started about marino searching a team rider,and through new fork models and a few pics to calm down people wich are waiting for too long it went a way nobody has seen coming.

someone,i think seabasss postet bad rep,people jumped on that train and so on.

nonono

peace everybody

make rides not war

and again:whats your intention to not let the lion sleep here`?

Edited by FamilyBiker