Marino Bike 2013 Team Rider Found & frame order discussion thread

LEON

leons and lukes 26 and toms 24 just about to be shipped

i´ll make that thread,soon haha

Any New's regarding this I've yet to hear anything more from him.

Edit: Send me a PM if that work's better

Thank you

Edited by Seabasss

If a thread like this ever happens again I feel it should be left for Ross and Leon to represent Marino not family biker and Marino himself should post regarding excuses as you say one thing and Marino says another. I have got final pictures of my frame and mid production pictures so I am very happy this week it looks amazing as soon as its here I will post some pictures up. Wish he offered a better delivery service as surely express should be less than 2 weeks time as having to wait this long and then an itchy 2 weeks of excitement is going to drag on haha

• Like 2

I'll happily regularly update the thread, but Peter knows more than me so my input at this point is limited.

My 26" was the lone final frame out of heat treating and is now painted or being painted. So everyone else is ahead.

It's been 2 years since I got a parcel from him but a parcel force sticker rings a bell, if anyone wants to check tracking numbers. I also remember express postage taking 11 or 12 days. But don't quote me on that.

• 1 month later...

Big bump this one. So, a few people already know I received my frame this morning. I've been nervous from the start that something would be wrong and as expected it was, the frame had no graphics applied, no magura mounts and a standard euro bb shell as opposed to a spanish style. Obviously I wasn't happy having already had to change the finish from being raw to being painted and having bought nearly all the parts for the build including a titanium Echo BB and spacers.

I immediately emailed Marino this morning informing him I was displeased with the frame as it was not what we agreed on and he was pretty prompt at getting back to me, exchanged emails throughout the day with regards to what could be done and I stated that I'd be happy with a part refund of the original price to go towards the money I'd spent on the bottom bracket. After a bit of confusion about what he was going to do and what he wanted me to do (good old google translate) he said he'd like me to build the bike and ride it for now and he will make me a new frame from scratch as originally requested and ship it for free as we both agreed the frame I have isn't what I wanted.

I'll be the first to admit I was livid and slated Marino for getting it so wrong but given the fact he's willing to do this to make things right I cannot fault the guy. He replied to my emails almost instantly throughout the day and even gave me the option to change anything I wanted on the remade frame so at this point I am satisfied assuming the replacement is correct.

I was almost at a point of rolling over and just making do, I'm not the sort of person who likes confronting others when there's a problem and I usually just live with it but my wife and dad both said I shouldn't do when I'd spent so much money. From this whole experience my opinion of Marino is a bit indifferent, on the plus side his frames are a great price, the standard of the welding is superb, he will literally do any customisation you want at one set price and his customer serice when it comes to sorting something wrong from my situation is without a doubt excellent. On the negative side the time from paying my deposit and him saying he would start the frame to the frame arriving was quite shocking, the communication was terrible and the ordering process was a mess though you have to consider things like how busy he was and the obvious language barrier.

Personally my advice to Marino would be to make a limit to how many frames he is producing at any one time, before any work is to take place reconfirm everything about a custom frame/forks to be sure and whilst it may push up the prices slightly seek out another good quality welder and spread the workload, or at least find someone to take care of all the admin work so they can keep customers in the loop and reply to any emails as soon as possible.

Would I use Marino again? Part of me wants to give him another chance as I know he can do a good job and there are a lot of satisfied customers out there. I'll wait and see what he comes up with for everyone else at least, hopefully mine will have just been a one off, everyone has an off day now and again.