Marino Bike 2013 Team Rider Found & frame order discussion thread

LEON

No problem.

I think what Ali means is the slack forks will spoil an otherwise good head angle, and the added wheelbase won't make your bike any better for pure trials, it'll just move the weight further out from under you and give it sloppier steering and be harder on front wheel moves.

There's a reason Echo urbans went from 45mm to 30mm, a big offset just has zero benefits.

Edited by LEON

i completely understand how rake affects the riding,but more rake is my thing obviously.had some zoot forks(405x45) before the tuf guys(400x30) i now have,the zoot ones felt nicer,only reason i changed forks was a crack near the left canti boss.

at the end of the day its all personal preferrence.with the new forks i´ll go for reversed maggie mounts,thats something personal,too,i think.

but thanks for your tips guys.

the yellow frame btw has a 72°ha with 402x44 fork,1045 wb,+25bb.

isnt going for say,like 74° with a back end around say like 361 leading to forks with like 40mm rake if your tt is in a "normal" street range?

the 5 mm more on my 400x44 forks wouldnt be making much of a chopper out of my cuy frame with 73° then...would be plus 12 wb and 12mm less trail factor.

thats the big thing of custom stuff,if you know what you want,you´ll get what you like. :)

it was +25 with my ns fundamental forks(frame was based on the ns holy with much more bb rise and shorter cs.) i built it around that times.built in another fork for using front brake,turned out like this...

as this discussion made me curious about it i drawed my bike together with the fork it has now.

its obvious it has got little to no backwheel ability,so i am going for the cuy frame,wich marino and me talked over the last time.

its based heavily on an old fourplay with 380/+35/1035/73°,we tweaked the geo to get somewhere in a trialsy direction,keeping minimal street ability.

thats my style of riding,i am no tgs´er,nor a flowy street rider,i am me! :wink:

it will suit my needs perfectly,i think.

Edited by FamilyBiker

New heat treated trials forks, Inspired geo (410 x 35) weight is 1050g, any mounts you want, and they have a 1 year warranty!

Forks can be made to any geo, but I think he has 20 of 410 x 35 pretty much ready to go. He's currently making 150 forks.

Forks are $90 (£56) plus postage, standard 2-4 weeks is $40 (£25) express 1-2 weeks is $60 (£37)

So call it £80 posted, or £92 posted express, these are UK postage prices.

If you're ordering with a frame then there's no extra postage.

Marino now accepts paypal too!

post-1701-0-58050600-1352074244_thumb.jp

post-1701-0-99009000-1352074258_thumb.jp

post-1701-0-98182100-1352074457_thumb.jp

post-1701-0-99445500-1352074688_thumb.jp

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1