Nokia Connects Go! [Video Challenge]

Paul At Connects

Hi all,

I’m Paul from Nokia Conversations, Nokia’s own blog. I am responsible for running the community section of the site, Nokia Connects.

We are running an activity that I think you might find interesting.

It's about making a video with a Nokia phone... and examples that have gone down really well previously have been sport videos, like the one in the post above, by BMX rider Germain Elokan. We have also recently published a mash-up video from footage participants have made so far. As you can see, no trials as yet!

It really would be awesome if we could see some more diversity and get some trials riders involved. If you are up for it, but don't have a Nokia phone, no worries, we can ship one so you can take part if needed.

If you're interested feel free to reply here, pm me, or drop me an email (paul@nokiaconnects.com).

If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Edited by Paul At Connects

uhh, this bullshit or not? sounds too god to be true =P

I am waiting impatiently for the release of the lumia 920 , with the ois system it should be a great phone as you can actually use the phone without beeing attached to tripod all the time.

It would be really exciting to take part in such a thing, ive always loved to take something "not really up for it" and do something more professional like with it, where the idea "phone" should go really well under.

To be honest, i do not see any difficulties in making something that is a better commercial for the lumia 920 rather then the awful idea that they had in regards to the lumia 920 ois system videos they made, "yeah lets not use the phone at all" , brilliant.

This is a video of me , altho i focused on riding , and not the filming, i would ofcourse focus more on the actual image rather then riding(you gotta make choice and its all down to where you would like to share out your %)

And here is a video i made of a friend, small 3 hour shoot . http://vimeo.com/10335556

And if you would like the best possible video i would team up with another great rider of norway where i could also take a larger part in directing the thing(since with a friend i work specific with it would be easier to tell him what to do in regards to filming), but this would ofcourse mean 2 phones.

Get in touch ;) tra@traprod.net

I would be all over this if I used a cell phone. Unfortunatley I don't want to spend my trials part money on a phone plan so.....

Anyways, great idea to get trials involved in the competition! I hope you find somthing you like.

What part of 'free phone trial' don't you understand?

• Like 1

What part of 'free phone trial' don't you understand?

What part of "don't want to pay for a PHONE PLAN" don't you understand? Read more carefully before you flame.

Okay, done with that. I like video competitions so I might enter. It would be cool to try the camera. I really wouldn't have much of a use for one if I won, but my dad could use a new phone.

I'm pretty keen on entering this competition but my old Nokia doesn't even have a camera, so I'd have to take you up on lending me a phone. Could you PM me the terms and conditions of doing that?

http://conversations.nokia.com/trial-terms-and-conditions/ that may be what your looking for.

*Edit: in the phone trial conditions it says I have to be 16 years or older. Dang it. Could I trial one under my dad?

What part of "don't want to pay for a PHONE PLAN" don't you understand? Read more carefully before you flame.

Okay, done with that. I like video competitions so I might enter. It would be cool to try the camera. I really wouldn't have much of a use for one if I won, but my dad could use a new phone.

http://conversations.nokia.com/trial-terms-and-conditions/ that may be what your looking for.

*Edit: in the phone trial conditions it says I have to be 16 years or older. Dang it. Could I trial one under my dad?

You don't need to pay for a phone plan? They can give you a free micro SIM card, not sure you can use it for texts or calls though.

if there was a 920 in this, I'd be AAALLLL over that! Plan on buying one when they are released anyway, providing they aren't hugely expensive.. (which with 4G, they will be) :P

just read this online, how upsetting.. 'For a Nokia Lumia 920 with 8GB of data, users will have to sign up to a two-year £56 a month contract, which comes with a £20 upfront cost.'

Edited by TrialsIsHard

I'd go in for this, merely out of curiosity, but I don't think I could commit to getting enough filming done with it...

I'm doing it to make myself committed to even making a video, I've never made a full legth edit. I've uploaded like 2 clips online but that's it.

Just gonna take it out when riding and film everything haha.