The Angry Thread.

Blake

The head tenant of the house share we live in told us last night that her sister wants her (our) room back, and as such we have to find somewhere new to live within 3 weeks, which is pretty toilet, especially because she could have told us this 2 weeks ago!

Sounds like an excuse anyway, there's been a shitty air in the house for weeks, no idea why, I'm actually kinda relieved we're going.

Edited by Jolfa

Pretty livid, get the feeling i've lost out on some work after getting properly stitched up by the people running the interview yesterday.

Got asked to do a 20 minute lecture/ seminar with some degree-level graphic design students about Marcel Duchamp and whether his work affected modern-day art and design or not, prepared a really good plan for a proper good discussion and brought in loads of arguments within modern graphic design and tied it all up, get there yesterday morning "oh, they're not in yet... let me go find you some students"

She then turns up with 10 A level students on a technical textiles course. Needless to say, 0 engagement, no shits given, and a wall of blank faces who had no interest in art at all. Didn't even know who f**king Damien Hirst was. 

Time to move on...

On Tue Nov 03 2015 12:44:34 GMT+0000, dann2707 said:

Where the f**k is everyone

This still! Tf ghost town :( it's like hours go by before a new post.. and it's in a thread your have no real interest in. What am I supposed to scive off and do now?!

Edited by *gentlydoesit

The odd thing is that this part of the year normally feels more busy than the summer time when all the people who still ride are riding. It's a shame, but I guess it's always inevitable with other platforms that newer riders will use and older members dropping off over time.

The new "new content" feed kind of dulls the experience by letting you see people's posts immediately. I like to use the "condensed view" so that I still have to go to the effort of opening threads to see what people are saying.

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't show everything, like if there's been a bunch of posts in one thread it sometimes only shows the most recent one, or am I being silly?

It's easy to come and go in trials though. Parts break relativly easily and are expensive, injuries are inevitable and the learning curve is one of the hardest in cycling. I think I'll only give it through next year (if i can repair myself) before throwing in the towl, unless some magic happens. 

But don't worry though,  I'll stick around preaching vape gospel through tf :p

20 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Even Facebook is going the same way. One of the only reasons I use Facebook is for Trials/general biking/BMX material. All it is now a days is terrorist shengis.

I'd be interested to hear from Tarty about how quiet/steady the trials world is... To me it looks like it's on it's ars a bit :( 

In the UK maybe, but further afield it seems to be growing. 

Applying for internships is tedious, it also seems nobody can design a decent application page either. 

Don't ask me how my degree is graded, (ie. 1st, 2:1, 2:2) then demand I also provide my Grade Point Average, I don't f**king know. 

Anyone hold a major roll in an investment bank and fancy taking me on for 10 weeks? 

1 hour ago, TrialsIsHard said:

Applying for internships is tedious, it also seems nobody can design a decent application page either. 

Don't ask me how my degree is graded, (ie. 1st, 2:1, 2:2) then demand I also provide my Grade Point Average, I don't f**king know. 

Anyone hold a major roll in an investment bank and fancy taking me on for 10 weeks? 

mate its genuinely the hardest, most degrading process ive been through. Spending a day on an application to get a rejection within hours. stick it out, email smaller boutique firms and then make sure you smash the interview (best way of prep is to download their last few annual reports and try and find out who they ''want to be'' etc.), i managed to get a work exp. placement with a pretty large uk bank this summer which led onto a few weeks paid and then finally a grad scheme offer for next year. the pay and perks have made that all worth it already mate.. and if you have to, lie.