The Angry Thread.

Blake

17 hours ago, Joeyeld said:

mate its genuinely the hardest, most degrading process ive been through. Spending a day on an application to get a rejection within hours. stick it out, email smaller boutique firms and then make sure you smash the interview (best way of prep is to download their last few annual reports and try and find out who they ''want to be'' etc.), i managed to get a work exp. placement with a pretty large uk bank this summer which led onto a few weeks paid and then finally a grad scheme offer for next year. the pay and perks have made that all worth it already mate.. and if you have to, lie.

I'm glad it's not just me that finds the process completely demoralising! Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'll be posting in here again when I get same-day rejections from the firms I apply to :rolleyes:

Got the ring on, now in the top three gears the chain comes off once per rotation, is there any fix for this apart from a chain guide?

Don't mind buying one, but was hoping for a short term fix as I'd like to ride this afternoon for a bit.

For reference, it's 9 on the back, single 30t on the front.

1 hour ago, MadManMike said:

In hindsight, yes. That doesn't help with the lack of threads to grip...

Generally the better tool will have proper sized and better cut threads which will do the job where a shit tool has f**ked it up, I've made this mistake at work with a shagged old crank puller before!

If your chain's coming off every rotation, that would suggest a bent ring? Unbend said ring (Y)

People suck. 

Agreed to collect x5 wheels for the Civic yesterday. I turn up at the address, knock at the door at the time agreed. Nothing. Wait a little bit, fire him a text. Replies 20 minutes later telling me he's in Birmingham shopping! Cheeeeeeers! 

Constant run of bad luck recently, wish it would f**king end. 

• Like 1

2 hours on the phone to Talktalk customer service trying to upgrade my phone. First hour and a half I finally got through to the right department before being hung up on by the woman, I think because she couldn't understand my accent. Call again demanding to skip the hold queue because of this. After 20 minutes on hold I have to answer a few security questions, none of which were on my record. Eventually the woman asks for my mobile number and says that it is not even a Talktalk phone number. I say what are you talking about of course it is. 

So it turns out that Talktalk and Talk mobile are actually different companies. Took me ten minutes to upgrade online when on the right company's website - sickening. 26 months I thought I was with Talktalk. 26 months. 

• Like 10

Haven't decided if it makes me feel better that it was my mistake...

In other news the people from the house I was supposed to be moving into pulled out day before which sucks. I was just happy to not be looking anymore but apparently that's not going to happen now. I know that I shouldn't expect people to not be dicks but the word 'sorry' was not used which makes it worse.  

This sort of shit makes me angry...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

1. Why does he have his hazards on?

2. How long has he been in the middle lane?

3. Why doesn't he even attempt to avoid a collision when the lorry pushes into his lane?

4. What the f**k is he trying to do by claiming neck and shoulder pain?

5. What a fanny.

• Like 4

That boils my f**king piss. That lorry driver will end up getting done as well, for the car driver being a complete and utter bellend. No lorry driver would just randomly resort to some road rage on someone like this, being as driving is their livelihood. No doubt this dickhead has been in the middle lane doing 60mph (edit: actually obviously less than 56mph, being as that'll be what that lorry is limited to) because he feels he has some special right to police the speed of others – especially because he was a Special Cuntstable Constable once upon a time. 

"I thought I was going to die". Shut up and get in the left hand lane. Better yet, get the train.

Surprise surprise, he runs a dashcam company too. Guy has probably been running around infuriating people for months looking to get that bit of footage that'll get his cameras in front of thousands.

Other than all that, it doesn't really bother me.

Edited by JD™
  • Like 10

Pretty f**king obvious that the lorry driver will get done for it, he used a LORRY as a weapon against another motorist for not changing lanes.

Yes the bloke is a twat who clearly needs to be sent on some driving course or other, but anyone who does that with a f**king truck needs a jail sentence. It's the same as "He said this, so I hit him", well done, you're the bigger f**ktard now.

The bloke actually runs a dashcam company, which would suggest why he was trying to kick something off.

Edited by Muel

What a prize twat, he's the epitome of what is wrong with UK (and most other countries it seems) drivers, I wish they'd enforce the fines for middle laners they drive me mental.

Fair enough the lorry driver was wrong to do what he did, but the driver blatantly made no attempt to move into the clear lane despite the impending hazard. I hope he gets done for making a false whiplash claim the utter tool.

• Like 4

Not really angry but more pissed off/bored.

With all the exercise ive been doing recently, my knee started playing up. went to doctors, they diagnosed it as 'tendonitis'

Ive taken it easy for almost 2 weeks (went for a 5 mile ride wednesday and i ended up in pain :() .

the 'not exercising' is a struggle, but i can live with it. its Winter, the weather is shit. but because im not exercising, i don't feel tired at night.

So this is the second night im up at 4am because i cant sleep :(

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MartMini said:

Not really angry but more pissed off/bored.

With all the exercise ive been doing recently, my knee started playing up. went to doctors, they diagnosed it as 'tendonitis'

Ive taken it easy for almost 2 weeks (went for a 5 mile ride wednesday and i ended up in pain :() .

the 'not exercising' is a struggle, but i can live with it. its Winter, the weather is shit. but because im not exercising, i don't feel tired at night.

So this is the second night im up at 4am because i cant sleep :(

Do take it easy... 

I was diagnosed with achillies tendonitis down to the amount I was on the trials bike. I gave it a week and got back on it and it flared up. Excruciating pain, couldn't walk on it. 

I've not ridden in a good while now and even day to day walking on it it'll twinge now and then 

rest it as much as possible, you'll be thankful for it