The Angry Thread.

Blake

1 hour ago, JD™ said:

I'm angry because Ogre made me delete this rant because I was too busy ranting with him about his hormones while he's bored in hospital. 

sorry that my feels brought you down. i'm at work currently :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JD™ said:

Watch out Jolfa, he could probably get your job.

That's alright, I was actually thinking of starting a patronising vlog to get a bit of cash in, just helpful life tips like "don't worry if pregnancy isn't working out for you, it worked out for me!

1291057-thumbs_up.jpg"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

Riding's been going good past few months, but pretty sure I broke my big toe yesterday and it is hurting plentiful. Mainly glad I have bar ends though, the bruise on my hip looks like it could have been a hole

My bar end anecdote was the result of 3" of flesh apple cored from my groin, I did have plastic bar ends and would have died there and then without them.  When they stitched the hole up they could see the femoral artery within a few mm of the bottom of the tunnel.  Very lucky to have suffered no major long term damage!

• Like 1

Can't stop falling off my bike!! I never knew quite how much you get used to how something feels, my new bike feels 95% the same as my Arcade but that 5% has really been messing with me....mainly the lower bb I think, it rides close enough to my Arcade to make me confident but then my back wheel won't be exactly where I think it is and WHAM! I eat shit. Not fun. 

• Like 2

In more bike related news, I just can't get along with my 24. Forcing myself to do an hour an evening and it's helping me improve my stamina and balance again but I just get frustrated with how 'off'the bike feels. There's nothing bodged or rattly, but it just feels a bit dead. 

45 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

In more bike related news, I just can't get along with my 24. Forcing myself to do an hour an evening and it's helping me improve my stamina and balance again but I just get frustrated with how 'off'the bike feels. There's nothing bodged or rattly, but it just feels a bit dead. 

Try a different bar/stem set up. Or even a different rear tyre. Soft sidewalls certainly liven things up

33 minutes ago, Mark W said:

What's that bar angle saying?

Bar angle isn't overly extreme, it's more relaxed than the angle of the stem. Having them forward doesn't do much for me. 

7 minutes ago, BJ. said:

Try a different bar/stem set up. Or even a different rear tyre. Soft sidewalls certainly liven things up

I'm on a 150x35 and a set of Carbon Rock man bars, makes it a nice all rounder but I'm not sure... I didn't mind my old one with a 150x30 but it just felt a bit low for some things. 

Ive switched to a lighter rear tube and it's upped the bounce factor to liven the back end up a bit and I like it. Rear tyre is a near slick High Roller with a super tacky compound and I like the grip it gives, stable and springy enough too. 

Would seem 8 years of a stunt machine hasn't made my wrists any better, 1 ride and they're shot for weeks!

Don't feel like ill ever progress again now, with how little I can ride/bare the pain, Doctors never could solve it, i'm convinced its nerve related has anyone got any experience?

Basically any shock (Taps) are easiest way to set it off, and it will feel stiff to move, sometimes feels like its crunching (can physically feel this aswell when its at its worse) along with little things like I pressed the soap dispenser down yesterday and a sharp pain ran from the tip of my finger up towards my elbow! anddd I cant load any weight on it, carrying things etc generally using my hands haha.

1 hour ago, AdamAllen said:

Would seem 8 years of a stunt machine hasn't made my wrists any better, 1 ride and they're shot for weeks!

Don't feel like ill ever progress again now, with how little I can ride/bare the pain, Doctors never could solve it, i'm convinced its nerve related has anyone got any experience?

Basically any shock (Taps) are easiest way to set it off, and it will feel stiff to move, sometimes feels like its crunching (can physically feel this aswell when its at its worse) along with little things like I pressed the soap dispenser down yesterday and a sharp pain ran from the tip of my finger up towards my elbow! anddd I cant load any weight on it, carrying things etc generally using my hands haha.

My right hand often "clicks" when I try grip something and sends a shooting pain sensation down to my elbow too. 

Never when im riding the bike but more when I'm at work turning spanners or using a ratchet.