The Angry Thread.

Blake

22 hours ago, CC12345678910 said:

Despite having only done an absolute maximum of 20hrs work, my shitbox titan brand grinder shat itself tonight. It's now permanently on and the switch does sweet FA, meaning you have to pull the plug from the extension. Seeing as this occoured whilst I was laid under the van using a wire cup brush, spraying my face with rust, wire strands, years of flaky road shite and assorted other grot, all less than half an arms length away from me, this revelation did not impress me...

After a bit of WTAF?, I thought no matter, I'll just get up screwfix in the morning and swap it, again (the one that broke is my 3rd). 

Came in, cleaned up, grabbed a drink etc;

"Right, find the guarantee"

"Found it!"

Purchase date 19th august 2015 

Exactly one month to the day out of guarantee.

B0LL0CKS!

This make Ciaran a very grumpy bear indeed. :angry:

Isn't Titan stuff usually like 3 years?

17 hours ago, manuel said:

Isn't Titan stuff usually like 3 years?

Sub 30quid grinder with 3yrs guarantee? I'll have to check, I was working on the usually fairly valid assumption that screwfix are a bit naff, & the guarantee would be the minimum 1year that has to be supplied by law, and that would be that.

In the meantime I 'fixed' it by spraying GT85 either side of the switch (I guessed there was dust in there) and cycled it through a few times, but if I can get another then obviously I will.

EDIT: Came here from notification so I missed your point @Tom Booth You were totally on the money :)

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1

just had a quick look on the site - it looks like 2 years.

In other angry news, I was more than a little pissed off to discover that someone in our office has been made full time but is still doing a part time delivery. With the amount of shit we have been taking all year because the management are completely hopeless (getting towards 20k a day walking) this is the final straw. He is doing a whole hour less work (outdoor slavery) than anyone else and the idiot boss I spoke to about it thought that was absolutely fine.

22 hours ago, CC12345678910 said:

Sub 30quid grinder with 3yrs guarantee? I'll have to check, I was working on the usually fairly valid assumption that screwfix are a bit naff, & the guarantee would be the minimum 1year that has to be supplied by law, and that would be that.

In the meantime I 'fixed' it by spraying GT85 either side of the switch (I guessed there was dust in there) and cycled it through a few times, but if I can get another then obviously I will.

EDIT: Came here from notification so I missed your point @Tom Booth You were totally on the money :)

Good stuff mate, glad it worked out. I've took all the screws out the body of my router and replaced with stud/wings nuts for quick services now haha. 

Work stressing me out big time, 

Had a letting agents screw up an inventory and the landlord wasn't happy with the work done as it was to paint 3/4 of a house and the parts not done did spoil it, I don't get a major say but I had mentioned it. I told the letting agents that I would go back for free and paint the rest to get them out of the shit but the landlord pissed at the letting agents already as not only had she not been paid for 4 months, they trashed it and stole her stove and flu (as you do). 

So knocked money off my bill to just get it over with not that I wanted to but I can't be arsed with the agro, 4 months later still not paid. 

Also not paid for other work with them, they've had a bad tenant in another property that I had re decorated,cleaned and replaced windows in for them but lost the landlord and he is being a dick also. 

I know that I will be paid but its been 4 months no pay from my main source of income and I am scraping the barrel, I have two new letting agents I now work for that are both giving me small bits of jobs and it's great I have been paid by both but its not enough I need my big bills to come back to me where I have money out in materials and skips. 

It's frustrating. 

3 hours ago, Greetings said:

Came back from the World Cup to a half-empty flat and a rather tense missus who said she was leaving. 4.5 year old relationship over. It still hasn't hit me, feeling more perplexed than anything else. Staying at my parents' house for the time being.

Dude that sucks :(

What's her reasoning?

I've had the same thing in the past, she cleared out while I was at work. Horrible feeling.

My ex even left dinner in the microwave for me - like I was going to eat that...

4 hours ago, Greetings said:

Came back from the World Cup to a half-empty flat and a rather tense missus who said she was leaving. 4.5 year old relationship over. It still hasn't hit me, feeling more perplexed than anything else. Staying at my parents' house for the time being.

thats the worst. sorry to hear that

People on this page are having worse problems then me, but I've order condoms off Amazon to my work address and left my name off of the delivery address. This means the post guy in the building, an acquaintance of mine and everyone in the building, is going to open the package to find the receipt to know who to give it to and see my multiple packs of thin feel condoms before emailing me to collect my parcel.

No good will come of this. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Dude that sucks :(

What's her reasoning?

I've had the same thing in the past, she cleared out while I was at work. Horrible feeling.

My ex even left dinner in the microwave for me - like I was going to eat that...

Wow, that's really nasty... and probably required impressive logistics skills :P But that lunch is just an insult. Awful :( 

Her moving out didn't come out of nowhere. She said she's very unhappy because she doesn't feel loved or appreciated. I've known that for weeks because we did talk about our relationship going downhill on many occasions. I became rather critical of her because she's been failing to meet my intellectual needs (sounds awful, talking about deep, meaningful or stimulating conversations) for months. That made me less and less interested in her, leading to a vicious circle. 

She's genuinely an amazing girl with lots of empathy and so much love it's unbelievable but that is not the foundation of a relationship. She said she is going to give me a second chance so it's not over. But I can't find it in me to care. It's like parts of my brain responsible for emotions and empathy have been wiped out. What ever comes of this is just going to be a logical, cold calculation. Unless the time we spend apart will make me care for her. 

Even then, what happens when we see each other again? Do we hug, say hello and carry on as if nothing had happened? My previous break ups were pretty damn clear and so were the rules, this time it's a complete unknown.

Sounds to me like you're going to try this second go because of routine or habit or something. The reasons you've put there for the relationship going downhill are valid ones, seems like it's become compromised and isn't entirely fulfilling, in which case being with her is blocking you from finding someone who's a much better match. 'Settling' for something that's far from ideal will only lead to more misery, and then at some point you'll end up breaking up for good and wishing you'd done it sooner.

• Like 3

I can only echo whats been said above really. 

EVERYONE, told me the same thing when I went through it late last year. 

My relationship was only held together through habit and routine, eventually she threw in the towel and it came to an end. Theres lots I regret, lots I wish I'd said but it seems to have been the best thing for us both. Or from my point of view that is in a selfish sense. She was a lovely girl, but the circumstances weren't ideal and ultimately led to it falling apart. 

I do sometimes hope that our paths might cross again, but wouldn't for a second hang up my life on it.

If you really dont know where to go from here, I'd say you already made your mind up a while ago. :( 

• Like 2

Unfortunately it sounds as though it just isn't meant to be and the right path is now being taken before it spirals further.  You've both discussed it recently and in a way it is an inevitability but the routine and habit are hiding the facts.  Sit down with her, finalise the break up with definitely no option of a second chance, cry together, cuddle, hug, be adult, be friends and keep the relationship in a different guise.  The fact she is offering a second chance and that you think of her so highly as a person would indicate to me that you both have feelings for each other, just not the lasting relationship ones.

The exact same happened to me just after new years 2012, after 4 years together she pointed out the brutal truth that we just weren't as compatible as we thought and hadn't been truely happy together.  Cue the above, there was no acrimony, just adult conversation and get on with it; yes the hollowness was there but the good memories remained because we parted on mutual terms.

As it turned out, within 3 weeks I had shacked up with her mate (who had that week ended a 6 year relationship with the kids dad and is now my wife of two very happy years) and she shacked up with a mutual friend of both of ours (who coincidentally that week had just ended it with is girlfriend) and is getting married in december.  Jacki (the ex) was Charlotte's (the wife) maid of honour and Lee (Jacki's fiance) was my best man - basically we played wifeswap four years ago and it turned out awesome for everyone!  Not saying that this will happen to you but don't stay in an unhappy relationship when you can have a happy friendship.

TL : DR you got friendzoned, embrace it, it might be the best thing that happened to you :)

• Like 5

Damn, all valid points but not what I was hoping to hear. Forteh, that sounds like material for a romantic comedy drama :P What are the odds? 

A friend told  me about his experience which had a different outcome. They separated after a 4 year long relationship but are now happily married because of the effort they put into becoming better people. He says the breakup (which left him devastated) was the best thing that ever happened to them. So this can go both ways, it depends on the attitude and whether there is basis for change. I think that's a fundamental question.

My thinking is becoming more inclined towards finding problems within myself which have led to this situation. If that's the case, I'll not only miss out on being with an extraordinary person but be just as unhappy with another girl. I've been on a search for the meaning of life for the past year and this could just be the nudge I need to start searching in the right place. 

Thanks guys, all your input is really valuable. Very thought provoking, exactly what I need now :)

• Like 1

I'll elaborate futher....

Jacki (ex) and I had been together for more than 4 years when we split up, at the time Jacki was working part time in the pet shop in town that Charotte (wife) was managing and the rest of the time babysitting for Charlottes youngest (Reuben my step son, now 7) so she could manage the shop.  Charlotte sold me my first snake christmas 2008 or there abouts so we'd known each other for years before the big mix up.

Lee (Jacki's now fiance) lived down in london during the mix up and I have known him as long as I've known Jacki (mid 2008 I think) and after Jacki and I split she went back down there to stop with some other mutual friends. At the same time, both Jacki and I went and did the same thing and got together with recently broken up partners, known and friends with both; no one was dumped for anyone else, it just sort of happened.  At no point in the years that Jacki and I were together did I have any feelings towards Charlotte.

Romcom in a f**king nutshell :D

Whichever path you choose, good luck!  If you feel that you know what to change to make it work and that you're able to do so then go for it, however don't bury your head and pull the plug sooner rather than later if the relationship isn't mutally beneficial, it will save more unnecessary pain :)

To give another perspective, although not really the same as your situation;

I've been with Sheryl for 6 years in February, though I haven't actually - 6 years ago I was a bit of a twat (Before anyone quotes this, yes, I'm aware I still am, a bit). She dumped me after 4 or 5 months of going out. We were split for a week and I had all the reasons spinning around my head - all the reasons were valid and I wish someone had pointed them out earlier. Negative and a bit unsociable were the main two, which were spot on: Bullshit FB posts and not making much effort with people.

During that week I text her a few times just being friendly and acknowledging her reasons and basically saying I was going to work on those points and try and be a better person.

She ended up coming round for a chat after a week, started crying because she felt bad about what she'd done and said it was good that I'd taken on board her criticism and we ended up getting back together.

Her dumping me for that brief period definitely helped me realise why I wasn't very likeable at that time and I feel much better these days :)

I don't know if you can relate to any of that or take anything from it, but it's another angle at least...

• Like 1