The Angry Thread.

Blake

9 hours ago, AndyT said:

f**k that I see all the uk videos... I cannot imagine a group ride of more than 2 people, once a month at best.. And I live in Los Angeles, a huge city. I could drive 6 hours to go ride with 2 or 3 people in San Francisco. 

That at Dj tribute  ride had more riders than all of America combined. 

Plus lets face it- the Spanish like the absolute worst techno eurotrash music and Monty mod bikes :barfemoji:

What is it with you and group rides, Andy? Get with the times, trials isn't about group rides anymore.

10 minutes ago, bing said:

Can you imagine if she had got in, and her, Angela Merkel and Theresa May all had rag week at the same time. They'd be off to war with Putin fuelled by period pain and Pmt

Lol buh.

27 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Equality is a modern movement. Making up for past generation's discrimintaion isn't equality, it's giving a disadvantage to white males.

equality is just a new name for "feminism". it was always about equality. there was never any influential strain of feminism that was about female-superiority.  

after at least 2000 years of total dominance white males can survive a little inequality in certain areas. white males still have it the easiest of all anyway. 

Edited by jeff costello

@jeff costello Feminism = equal rights for women. Equality = equal rights for everyone. Giving someone an advantage over someone else over gender or whatever, isn't equal rights. Would you think it would be fair if say a white man in a work place was the hardest worker, had been working there the longest and was obviously the right person for the job, was denied a promotion because a women who wasn't the hardest worker and had been working there half the time as the man, got the position instead all because she was a women?

Recent feminism however, has gone way over the top and fail to see realities. One example is how some places are lowering the standard for women to pass military tests, which could put their and other lives in danger. There are physical reasons why males generally make getter soldiers.

Edited by Mikee

sorry, i didn't get the all-inclusive equality part, since we were mostly talking about gender. 

the scenario you described is not really a problem though - as far as i know all standards for affirmative action call for equal qualifications for a decision based on gender/race etc. but "qualification" is not an exact term - people value things differently. male people who are hiring somebody might put more emphasis on male characteristics, hence the boy's club staying a boy's club despite proclaimed equality. 

soldiers in active combat are a very small and peculiar group. i'd rather not have the military as an example for the rest of society. i don't think i've ever heard a call for gender equality within front-line troops or special forces. 

On a completely different note: 

Im going to Dublin next month with a group of friends fully intending to find the the middle piece of as many fit Irish birds as I can and I'm as unfit as I have ever been. 

Hoping they've all drank enough Guinness as to not notice. #embracethegut 

Edit: Written up while eating crisps and consuming pint. Not even mad really. 

Edited by SamKidney
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, jeff costello said:

22 hours ago, kevind said:

I do agree with that point, but why did it get to that situation in the first place? (genuine question I am asking)

my opinion is, that it is low level politicians and media are feeding people the wrong answers and even the wrong problems. crime has been going down for years, terrorism as well, but still people are more afraid than ever. 

Just a point Jeff, I don't think I ever stated that Info wars is a credible news feed, (but there must be some truths in their or they would be slapped with all kinds of injunctions?)what I did introduce was a topic for discussion.

I agree with most of your points in your post. But being older, i agree that our life is much easier now than in the past, but the present brings its own more complex life. Mainly social media in the most recent generations has a lot to answer for, because everybody has more information and therefore opinions. (which can also be a good thing) Some people find it very easy to spout hate  to others, if they do not agree with there points of view on these modern platforms. A problem being that there is to many ways of reading a statement and keyboard warriors and others can insight there views to millions without consequence or debate.

Again genuine  question, why do they feel the need to make the masses more afraid than ever, when it would seem to me that if they said that actually things are getting better, now more than ever vote for me? I know the press would not sell any papers or advertising if they reported happy things and just the news.

Personally I blame the Eastenders/reality TV soap culture, life is all doom and gloom message.

Edited by kevind

there's a good chance i'm even older (just about to start my late-thirties)

i'm leaving this here, just because i'm reading it at the moment:
http://www.niemanlab.org/2016/11/the-forces-that-drove-this-elections-media-failure-are-likely-to-get-worse/

49 minutes ago, kevind said:

but there must be some truths in their or they would be slapped with all kinds of injunctions?

that's exactly the problem. those sorts of news-outlets just throw shit at the wall (stuff that feels right to people) until something sticks. you can say A LOT without danger of being sued - you might be able to sue somebody to stop repeating facts that are clearly wrong (if there is someone you can get ahold of), but if something is in any way marked as a personal opinion by the speaker, you have no chance (apart from insults / open calls for violence etc). conventional media at least has to answer to critique by other media. if you think about how much bullshit is going on in conventional media, you can start to imagine how bad it is in alternative media. 

say, chemtrails, for an easy example - there is just nothing to it (apart from normal pollution). but certain people keep repeating it, which makes other people think that there maybe could be something to it, which then leads to our local right-winger who runs for the presidency (i'm from austria btw.) make an enquiry in the parliament about chemtrails, because he knows certain people will like it, which then leads to even more people thinking there might be something to it. 

1 hour ago, kevind said:

Again genuine  question, why do they feel the need to make the masses more afraid than ever, when it would seem to me that if they said that actually things are getting better, now more than ever vote for me? I know the press would not sell any papers or advertising if they reported happy things and just the news.

my guess would be, because they have political agendas - here in austria the alt.media is just starting and there are a lot of "newspapers" popping up with serious-sounding names that are total bogus and are somehow linked to our rightwing populist party.  on the other hand people who run this kind of media outlets (alex jones comes to my mind here) are completely talentless, opportunistic hacks, who found a niche where they can get the attention they crave with minimal work.

"The Sad thread?" ive had two girls, one 23 and one 18 (my age) both tell me that they want to date me, whilst they both have boyfriends- whom i know very well. i have no idea how ive ended up in this and the whole situation is stress i didnt need. I see them both (and their boyfriends) all the time and theres a lot of lies being thrown around and its all a bit shit.

that being said, my last ex cheated on me with two other guys at once and i dealt with that kind of alright. still bitter as F though.

apologies for the venting.

Edited by Herbertlemon102

16 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

"The Sad thread?" ive had two girls, one 23 and one 18 (my age) both tell me that they want to date me, whilst they both have boyfriends- whom i know very well. i have no idea how ive ended up in this and the whole situation is stress i didnt need. I see them both (and their boyfriends) all the time and theres a lot of lies being thrown around and its all a bit shit.

that being said, my last ex cheated on me with two other guys at once and i dealt with that kind of alright. still bitter as F though.

apologies for the venting.

As above. Make it clear it doesnt go anywhere. Been in that situation before and didnt act the right way about it. 
Was a dick maneuver and I still feel bad about it now..  

• Like 1

i thought similar until they started trying to do things with me that I wouldn't consider acceptable while being in a relationship with someone else,  I've put my foot down with one but the other seems to be ignoring it.

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 7:57 AM, jeff costello said:

my guess would be, because they have political agendas - here in austria the alt.media is just starting and there are a lot of "newspapers" popping up with serious-sounding names that are total bogus and are somehow linked to our rightwing populist party.  on the other hand people who run this kind of media outlets (alex jones comes to my mind here) are completely talentless, opportunistic hacks, who found a niche where they can get the attention they crave with minimal work.

Nah Iv got 15+ years onya youngster.

Just watched a documentary from Sweden, the right are laying it on big time on the streets and in parliament. Had to laugh at the pretend call to prayer from a van in a posh suburb from these right wing extremists at six in the morning. I am an atheist, but a bit worrying when they ask churches to remove crosses as it offends other religions. Going a bit to far?

Read your link, interesting. Have been saying that and that facebook and other social media  (which I will never have, although outwith of this discussion has its uses) is a newish phenomenon, that in the last to elections has no doubt led to where we are now. The main stream press are no better in my opinion in the reporting of news nowadays. But where do you then form opinions that make the masses do the correct thing. It is also the masses insashable need for completely un-news worth crap that has led the way. Just look at the celebrity news that is a huge part of out media in all formats. i don't give a flying F**K who got married divorced or got plastic surgery. I really really don't care  

Edited by kevind

Turns out the battery grip is a fake. I honestly never knew it was, it showed up in a Nikon box and all the instructions etc looked legit.

Having Googled it, it is indeed fake.

He also had a moan that a rubber cap was missing, which it is, but I have that and am sending it out tomorrow - that's my fault.

He's happy with a £65 refund. Saves the hassle of getting it all back and fully refunding...

• Like 1

Can't stand wankers like that, eBay is crawling with them, last one I had I sold a faulty GoPro, fully described the fault, included a test video to demonstrate the fault, the full works, guy bought it realised he couldn't fix it and went through eBay for his refund + post at my expense. eBay are f**king useless for sellers in these instances too!