The Angry Thread.

Blake

On the band wagon.

September I sold an iMac, with a temperamental power button which worked if you wiggled it. The guy didn't get in touch with me, but a month later opened a dispute saying it wouldn't turn on. Long story short eBay sided with him, and he 'sent it back'. It never turned up, but he's somehow proved to eBay that he attempted a return and they refunded his money. So now he has the iMac and the funds, which is swell. 

Anyone fancy going and picking it up for me in Bristol?

I sold 2 guitars about a year ago, one arrived and the seller altered the serial numbers so it looked like I sold a fake USA fender, the other guitar was lost by the foreign postal system.

Full refund on both with about 2 months of PayPal battling to eventually receive a part settlement :( wish I'd just kept the bloody things. Never will sell on eBay again.

if it's gone through all the proper procedure you'll get a credit aye :)

Saying that, I have been known to argue with the live chat people for 4+ hours to get my way on these kinds of things, but they did get so sick of me on that instance they credited my full month's fees ($400+) by mistake :lol:

I feel less bad about the fact that most of my stuff gets run into the ground such that I never even contemplate selling it. A lot of the time I think yes I could do an eBay sale, but is it worth the inevitable trouble.

Needless to say I have (literally) crates of camera and bike wreckage (including a D300s actually, but no battery grip cos I don't roll like that ; )

I've spent far too much time trying to upload photos to the Gopro Awards page. Every time I click submit it makes me sign in....fine, not a problem. The issue is that once I do sign in, instead of taking me to the "upload" page, it takes me to my "personal info" settings and the only way off that page is to click a button on the left which just takes me to Gopro.com.......on that page there is no sign of the Awards feature and not even a search can find it.

I try the Awards page again hoping it's remembered my login details but nope, it just repeats the whole thing over again.

So frustrating 

• Like 1

I'm not selling on eBay again.

eBay investigating return request, so PayPal place funds on hold. eBay can't refund buyer because PayPal have funds on hold. PayPal can't refund buyer because eBay are investigating.... and so on, and so on...

I have the camera back, give the guy his money, we're all happy. Well, we're not, but it gets this awful buying and selling interaction put to bed.

i'm on nights still; i've had two hours of sleep today and we're getting absolutely raped by black friday stuff (i'm royal mail fodder). also jj leigh has blocked me and my life is now lacking in hashtags and petty bullshit :(

• Like 3

I used to say, semi-tongue-in-cheek, that people are dicks. A lot. I've stopped saying it so much over the years because it makes me seems less sociable than I actually am, but I still think that for the most part people as a whole are dicks.

Mrs D and I served notice to our tenant earlier in the year to move out in mid October. We did that because we have a baby due in January and it would give us a chance to sell it and sit on the money for a bit while we found a nice family home for ourselves. We gave him 2 months notice instead of 1, because he was nice enough and it would give him a bit more time. I gave him some informal notice about a month before that too, just to be extra lovely as I'm sure you all know I am. Obviously it was also to help us – by giving him more time I figured he'd have more chance to find somewhere to move to. Didn't hear much from him, so after the notice time had been and gone I took a trip to the property to give it a tidy up ready to get it on the market. Except he hadn't moved out. He's been squatting ever since, so we've had to get some legal guys involved. The process was meant to be that we serve some papers to a court, the judge gives a possession order to evict him and we get the flat back in a couple of weeks. The paperwork to get that done isn't cheap, which is lovely when the rent isn't coming in and there's still a mortgage to pay.

I've been waiting to hear which date we get the place back, and then get an email today saying that that won't be happening, because the tenant is angling to get to stay there until APRIL. Of course, to send a solicitor to the hearing means we have to pay out more cash. Now I'm not even sure I trust this system enough to know that we'll actually win. What's the point in tenancy agreements if the tenant isn't going to adhere to their end? After that, what's the point in the agreement if a judge isn't going to go "well, you haven't adhered to your end, get the f**k out of their property"? The best bit is that he's clearly being advised by the council, as he's trying to get a place from them and it's in their best interests to drag it out and f**k us up as much as possible.

People are dicks. Tenants are dicks, legal busybodies are dicks, councils are dicks and judges are dicks. I'm a dick, and you're all dicks. Probably. But thanks for reading my rant.

• Like 6

I know a few people who've been in that kind of situation and it's a really shit system unfortunately, sorry to hear you're having issues mate.

Time to get some locks changed and have him come home to his shit on the street and some of your old man's boxer mates having a social inside perhaps...

• Like 3

That's how I originally wanted to do it when I first got there and noticed he'd not moved out – he wasn't there so I was tempted to change the locks. It's legally Mrs Ds place though and she wanted to do it properly. Ah well, long term it'll all be good, it's just annoying that it happens just at this time when wife doesn't really need the extra stress. Trying to keep it away from her as much as possible so she can carry on with the task of growing a human, but she obviously has to know some details!

I've been there too... it really is a completely f**ked up situation. You have my sympathy. As you've found though it's just an expensive waiting game now. I hope it turns out ok for you.

I'm not sure of the legalities but having a guarantor may help recoup some of the losses if you find the same thing happening again.

• Like 1

Oh, forgot to add, we spent about £2k on solicitors fees etc. and the guy just left when he fancied it. These people know the law and will exploit it for a few months then just move onto the next place. Don't piss them off and you should be fine. References are useful, and it's worth a credit check even if it costs a bit.

• Like 1

THanks Adam, really appreciate it. I don't think we'll be letting anything out again any time soon but if we do I'll probably go down the lazy route of using a letting agency who guarantee the income. Obviously you make less, but what price is not wanting to go and rip someone's face off?

• Like 2

No probs (Y) I've never dealt with a lettings agency before - the thought of those slimy twats taking 15-20% for doing f**k all always put me off - but my gut feel in this circumstance is that you'd be in the same boat or worse. You would either have to do the legwork anyway, or pay them to do it with commission added on top...

• Like 1