The Angry Thread.

Blake

1 hour ago, Mikee said:

@isitafox What phone?

Nexus 5x, apparently its a known fault after you update to 7.0. Luckily even though I've had it 16 months it's still under warranty, but of a pain though as the wife has the same phone and that's starting to freeze like mine did a few weeks ago 

Lorry driving is ruining my upper back, where your neck meets your back, down a little, just right of my Spine. It feels like a burning sensation mixed with some horrible pain. 

And the cutns cannot give the right address or opening times for the stores, so finding the right place at rush hour gets stressful. Reversing them with morons on bikes and death set pedestrians makes it shite. 

On 17/01/2017 at 5:48 PM, TROYston said:

Lorry driving is ruining my upper back, where your neck meets your back, down a little, just right of my Spine. It feels like a burning sensation mixed with some horrible pain. 

And the cutns cannot give the right address or opening times for the stores, so finding the right place at rush hour gets stressful. Reversing them with morons on bikes and death set pedestrians makes it shite. 

You gotta get the seat in exactly the same place everytime. Is it your rig everyday? I can tell if it's slightly out because it kills the base of my spine after about an hour. I found the best way in the Daf CF that I drive is to get it low like a car, so your legs are more horizontal and it supports your shoulders as well. I do 4 hour stints at a time driving so comfort is paramount, but I know what you mean 

22 hours ago, bing said:

You gotta get the seat in exactly the same place everytime. Is it your rig everyday? I can tell if it's slightly out because it kills the base of my spine after about an hour. I found the best way in the Daf CF that I drive is to get it low like a car, so your legs are more horizontal and it supports your shoulders as well. I do 4 hour stints at a time driving so comfort is paramount, but I know what you mean 

I'm going to try that, although when the seat is dropped I feel like I'm all over the road, the steering on trucks seems vague as f**kery. Different trucks everyday, but only a fleet of 12 dafs and shitveco. I've just got my head completely around all the tachograph rules after 4 infringements. But I do class 2 multidrop. Guess you're class 1?

Yes mate, nationwide doing night trunking. It's a piece of piss. Yeah the steering isn't the best on a DAF, it is vague. I have the air in the seat but all the way at the bottom, and the steering wheel all the way out and down so I'm sat quite far back. And the seat base all the way out as well, and reclined ever so slightly up so it supports your thighs

Edited by bing

14 minutes ago, ben_travis said:

Go back to college, start again, try something new. Don't be afraid to start at the bottom

The issue here is learning costs. 
I'm 26 and am days away from picking the keys up to my first house (together with the other half). I'm not in a position where I can afford to pay to re-train, and the days of living cheap at home and doing an apprenticeship have long passed.

The other problem is that my other half works for the local council in their finance team and earns absolutely f**k all. Like seriously f**k all.  I already pay more on the bills etc to make it fair, but it's like she feels cause I earn an extra couple hundred a month I should be able to pull money out of thin air at any given moment. I've mentioned her having to find a new job and she didn't even entertain it. 

It's a total b*****d. I'm so totally done with where I'm working, but finding a viable and sustainable way out is proving difficult 

• Like 1

I guess the first thing you need to figure out is what you think you want to do.

I went back to college evening course, still working in the graduate position I was in. It took me 6 years to get the degree I wanted, in the meantime I worked full time, eventually getting into an engineers position in the industry I wanted too. I was studying 2-3 nights a week, then a whole day on the weekend studying, so didn't have a lot of time for much else than work / studying, but it paid off.

Also, if you get lucky, you might manage to get a company to sponsor you through college. I had it put in my contract that they'd pay for it, but I had to stay with the company for a year or two (can't remember which) after completion.

You have to try be positive about it, if you're negative, you'll end up staying where you are. Have a think, and hopefully an idea will come to you. Then you have to action it. Go for it. Wholeheartedly. There is always a way if you put everything into it.

P.s. I do understand that its a lot easier said, then done, but if you don't commit to it, it'll never happen.

2 hours ago, J.KYDD said:

Fed up of earning f**k all, but struggling to see a way forward with things. I need a change of career direction, but with a background based in retail I feel so limited 
Feel like I'm going to be trapped for ever in f**king sales 

Best thing I ever did was get on a trainee driver scheme and get my hgv licence. Worth the stress of learning again for the wage, which is decent if you get with a good firm

• Like 2

Try and take the route I took;

I started off in retail sales. Those skills are transferable to sales in an office environment (And I don't mean cunty cold calling). I worked my way up from there into external sales account management and now currently do a mixture of sales and field application engineering for an aerospace firm.

You don't necessarily need to re-train, think about the skills you have that can be transferred to another role.

I earn pretty good money these days and I have no qualifications of any relevance - show willing, be keen - that counts for more than a sheet of paper in many cases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, isitafox said:

Any railway jobs near you @J.KYDD

They pay stupid money for most things and judging by the standard of most of the halfwits employed (yours truly obviously included) you'd piss it. If there's anything nearby that is..... 

And then spend most of the time on strike anyway so win win ;)

• Like 2

Avoid council jobs, most certainly the fireservice.

HGV is easy as f**k, you can pass class 2, get CPC, medical and everything within a month if done properly.

Average pay for East midlands class 2 is about 1600 takehome per month PAYE, LTD/Self employed (DO IT!!!) about 900 a week, work depending and so on. 
I have a full time position with a great company, and wish i stayed agency for the LTD goodness.

CPC just needs to be maintained every 5 years at a small cost.

For everything for the c2 license, youll be looking at around 1.5k... So in-essence, the job pays for its self even if you was to get a short term loan or whatever.
upgrading to class 1 costs an extra grand.

Also the slammed seat did not help my back, but a tilted back to f**k seat did, back problems are gone! now its just a case of googleing each Waitrose store to find the right destination....

• Like 1

The Peugeot I've currently got to sell has developed an intermittent misfire which only seems to occur when the missus is in the car or someone is test driving it.

This evening a guy I'm certain would have bought it went to drive it and the f**king thing would barely even run, much less drive.

For this, I am placing blame entirely on whatever Peugeot forum I found on Google instructing the best way to reset the ECU is to disconnect battery for 10 mins then take it for a drive covering as many different loads and revs as possible. This has 100% made it 10x worse, so I'll be resetting it again, letting it idle for 5-10 mins then driving it like a grandma from then on like every other ECU I've ever reset :angry: