The Angry Thread.

Blake

Yeah, will have to be a little mindful of various nuances in the system, but with a bit of clever thinking (and depending on the finances) there are ways to minimise that as best possible. 

Would be worth having a chat to either a clued up mortgage adviser or an IFA to get the latest advice (unfortunately I'm still a bit fresh into it to be in a position to advise at the mo, though I'll try and have a chat with one of the guys in the office today if I get the chance)

Edit: Here's a little snippet from the AVIVA resource hub. It's a little user-friendly than going directly to any CII/IFS info.

tb.png.3e22bfafbe388b251173bb05393d9d02.png

Effectively you want to bring down the official purchase price of the additional property in some way to try and soak up some of the hit. If possible, have a chat to an MA and get the latest advice. Perhaps there's a family friend somewhere that's clued up? (Y)

On 04/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, Tom Booth said:

We booked a veiwing yesterday.

Viewed last night, wasn't at all as described and really really not what we thought.

Spoke to our mortgage adviser yesterday, we still owe too much on ours to remortgage on a rent to buy, but could remortgage if wanted to given current status.

Since we bought ours Jenny and I have both changed employment so was interesting to hear how it's affected our status and the process I'd  have to go through to prove my earnings etc. Decided to stay put for few more years and squirrel money away towards a bigger house that has scope for a workshop on the back for me to run my business from.

• Like 1

Reading stuff like that definitely makes me feel like I am in no way actually a grown up or an adult...

We were talking about credit scores and stuff like that in work yesterday, and there isn't a single part of me that wants to get involved with that 'game', or with mortgages and stuff like that.  I just dislike the whole concept of it, the way it all works, how you seemingly get screwed by everyone, etc.

21 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Reading stuff like that definitely makes me feel like I am in no way actually a grown up or an adult...

We were talking about credit scores and stuff like that in work yesterday, and there isn't a single part of me that wants to get involved with that 'game', or with mortgages and stuff like that.  I just dislike the whole concept of it, the way it all works, how you seemingly get screwed by everyone, etc.

A agree. A friend of mine was wanting to improve his credit score so he applied for an increased rate on his credit card because some score thing told him to. 

He already has a mortgage, makes me wonder what the whole point is. It's funny because it was something I didn't hear much about 10 years ago... And now every advert on tele is about checking your bloody score.

I've no idea what my credit score is, they were less concerned about my credit score and more concerned about my self employment seemingly.

I guess I'm not into amassing property and stuff. Just see a few friends that are renting but have no end game, whereas unless shit hits the fan in 20 years I will own my own property that I can grow old in. I guess I just like the future proofing part..

Not angry as such...

This morning whilst retaping my front tubeless wheel on the intense, Persephone was playing with the upturned bike, spinning and the cranks and the back wheel as she has done since she could walk (16 months ago now :o ). She managed to catch the tip of her little finger on her left hand in the rear disk and took a slice of skin off. A bit of bleeding, quite a lot of whimpering, a plaster applied and she's all good. Minus daddy points for not catching her in time, plus adult points for doing first aid :)

This evening, whilst fettling some thing on the front wheel I spun it to check clearance on the forks. Typically the tip of my left index finger was in the disk. Sliced 3mm off the side of the nail and finger, much blood and a hefty bandage courtesy of the wife. Extra minus adult points for being a retard :D

tmp_28764-DSC_0114-143817227.JPG

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

Skim read fail :lol:

I've got 2 downhill bikes and a road bike over here, then an old Hawzee Giant, a Ryan Leech Norco and half a Giant ATX in the UK still, I ride one of the DH bikes a couple of hours every couple of weeks, about to retire that too for winter and get the snowboards back out :D

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Mark W said:

Agreed but I dislike the concept of giving my money to someone else to pay their Mortgage even more. Lesser of two evils....

• Like 1

pretty happy generally just got a few first world annoyances lately.

1) tried to open a business bank account last month, all seemed to go well but not had my final account paperwork yet and this lead to my next issue

2) got an accountant bill to pay, my card is blocked for on-line use with my bank due to their home card reader messing up and giving me the wrong code which blocked it. This means I can't pay my accountant.

3) I've a couple of big invoices I'm owed and would like to put into my business account but can't yet

4) I need to get the money from these invoices to pay myself

5) Jane wants a holiday and we've seen one we like on Travelzoo but I can't afford it until I've been paid

6) my laptop is on it's last legs and it's becoming increasingly difficult to edit...I need to edit fridays video today or tomorrow

7) I can't afford a new laptop AND go on holiday

Time to get on the phone and try and sort the bank issues, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Agreed but I dislike the concept of giving my money to someone else to pay their Mortgage even more. Lesser of two evils....

I guess so, but then in the past 10 years I've moved house 12 times, and I still don't really know where I'd want to actually stick around at.  It'd be cool to try NZ for a bit, it'd be cool to head over to Canada for a while, etc. - it'd be a lot easier to do that if I hadn't put a mortgage down on something, and wasn't still having to pay that off monthly and so on.  I know that it means that for the past 11 years since leaving home I've been helping various landlords pay their mortgages, or just line their pockets, and I don't have anything tangible to show for it, but I feel I've gained a lot from being able to just move where I want to move to, be where I want to be, etc.  For example, when I came to the end of my last year in uni I happened to bump into a riding photographer I knew.  We went for a roadtrip up to Newcastle.  I really liked it there, got on well with the people there and it just so happened that a friend of a friend had a spare room available.  I didn't have any other plan, so moved to Newcastle with whatever shit I could fit in my bag, which happened to be this:

bag-o-stuff.jpg

stuff.jpg

That ended up with me getting some photography work and helping film some DVDs, which in turn led to me doing what I do now to an extent.

I just like the ability to be semi spontaneous with stuff like that, and I don't really see that as being super compatible with having a mortgage somewhere.  As another example I got offered a photography gig when I had a month over in NZ, and if I was tied to somewhere back here that shit would be no bueno.

Apologies for just how painfully coolstorybro.jpg all that was.

• Like 2