The Angry Thread.

Blake

(all fibre) Plusnet are shite, BT are shite, Sky are shite. 

Out of the shite, Bt has been the better shite, but loose any routers and get your-own. Ive had very few issues since i have full access to router settings, not locked out by the crap router they give you.
But alas, now i have done all this, i have one niggling little bug, in my favourite game, which is provider related, no amount of port forwarding or VPN's can solve. my only option is to go back to bt or sky. I dont want to do that. 

• 2 weeks later...

f**k windows 10 forcing updates. God forbid you have a second or third hard-drive, all pathway links are GONE, all related second drive apps are inaccessible.

Reinstall a 100% fresh copy of shitdows 10, allowing it to format the main drive, and so on.

Nice clean install...

IE11 doesnt work, and crashes non-stop

Round 2, reinstall.

IE11 doesnt work, any time a link is opened, boom, freezes with 'state repostory service' pinning a 5ghz oc 8700k to 100%....

Round 3, reinstall

Same as before, but i have a split second window before state bullshit service freezes IE11, after much trial and error, i got it!!

Plug second and third drive in.... E:/ is happy.... D:/ isnt.

f**k

SPYDOWS 10

1 hour ago, TROYston said:

f**k windows 10 forcing updates. God forbid you have a second or third hard-drive, all pathway links are GONE, all related second drive apps are inaccessible.

Reinstall a 100% fresh copy of shitdows 10, allowing it to format the main drive, and so on.

Nice clean install...

IE11 doesnt work, and crashes non-stop

Round 2, reinstall.

IE11 doesnt work, any time a link is opened, boom, freezes with 'state repostory service' pinning a 5ghz oc 8700k to 100%....

Round 3, reinstall

Same as before, but i have a split second window before state bullshit service freezes IE11, after much trial and error, i got it!!

Plug second and third drive in.... E:/ is happy.... D:/ isnt.

f**k

SPYDOWS 10

In contrast I upgraded my 4 year old installation of w7 to w10 as soon as the upgrade was available, it's been solid as a rock ever since.  I recently put a fresh install of w10 on as I happened across a 500gig samsung evo pro and Reuben had my old crucial ssd for his pc (christmas present) installed and running fresh as a daisy, stonkingly fast and stable - i5 2500k@4.6ghz all day long.

Your fault for even considering using a microsoft browser :D

Also, as far as I'm aware a reinstall of windows has always broken any software installed on secondary/tertiary drives, the only example I can think of that is otherwise is steam libraries which isn't quite the same but hey ho!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, forteh said:

In contrast I upgraded my 4 year old installation of w7 to w10 as soon as the upgrade was available, it's been solid as a rock ever since.  I recently put a fresh install of w10 on as I happened across a 500gig samsung evo pro and Reuben had my old crucial ssd for his pc (christmas present) installed and running fresh as a daisy, stonkingly fast and stable - i5 2500k@4.6ghz all day long.

Your fault for even considering using a microsoft browser :D

Also, as far as I'm aware a reinstall of windows has always broken any software installed on secondary/tertiary drives, the only example I can think of that is otherwise is steam libraries which isn't quite the same but hey ho!

I also had the upgrade from 7 to 10 pretty much as soon as it come out, windows basically forced it on me, but i didnt loose a thing, and albeit, was quite happy once i got used to the original w10 build. But apart from security upates, i made sure no others downloaded like any beta/creator updates also removing the twatana folder so it doesn't try and use that heap of bing shit,  to search for files on my pc... and used spybot anti-beacon to stop any w10 spying, which has been fine, no issues other than whats been patched out like the start menu or calculator bug for example.

The issue come when it forced through an update to bring the creators fall update, which it tried to keep all the files. The disconnect from what i can tell, is where 'the standard user' has only one drive so it created a 'windows.old' folder with all desktop shortcuts (i have three things on the desktop, recycle bin, games folder and apps folder, each containing about 20-40 things) it set the path for these shortcuts all to be, for example, C:/users/troy/desktop/games/Doom(1).url rather than E:/.... the (1) was the windows.old copy, but that was what replaced every drive 2 or 3 shortcut, including the start menu, so i was left with a drive full of dud shortcuts and loads of (1) apps that done nothing. Even changing the pathway to the correct line, or using regedit to do it, just created windows error popups. Even startup tasks such as wallpaper engine or cam, refused to load, but all windows reg settings remained correct. Even re-downloaded steam games, path links didn't work at all and im too lazy and too ocd and anal to have a computer not working how i like it.

The 100% fresh install deleting everything (3 times) for the main C drive is what put me in the usual situation of having windows packaged apps, also IE11, which i have always used chrome or mozilla(back in day) and that has to be downloaded from the web, somehow. trying to get the installer form mobile is a tough and pointless task. love it how Edge tries its hardest to say other browsers are worse as you go to download chrome :lol::lol: die.

I know fresh installs mess up drives a fair bit, but upgrading and keeping files setting when first moving to 10, seemed to do a pretty good job.

Not really angry but absolutely astounded by the new lad at work - day 2 in his new job today, I was in charge, he's been doing the endless boring multiple choice training in the office.

Today not only did I catch him on his phone most the day playing a football manager game, but also scrolling through pictures of some (probably famous) female in swimwear and the absolute cherry on top - went in to find him fully reclined in the chair, mouth agape having a little nap with the light off!

I don't think he's gonna last somehow.

11 hours ago, Jolfa said:

Today not only did I catch him on his phone most the day playing a football manager game, but also scrolling through pictures of some (probably famous) female in swimwear and the absolute cherry on top - went in to find him fully reclined in the chair, mouth agape having a little nap with the light off!

Sound like the last 12 years of my working life :lol:

• Like 3