The Angry Thread.

Blake

With the shape of my mouth being more upside down V than upside down U, my teeth are "crowded". Had 4 removed in the past and went through 2 years of braces on NHS from about the age of 16. Over time they've shifted back to where they were and look a bit higildy-pigildy again. I recently had a consultation with a local orthodontist and I'm about to put down 2k to have them straightened again. Like Tom says, it'd be nice to have the confidence to grin away for photos at special occasions etc. :D

Guy at work who I consider a friend was fired yesterday for stealing a considerable amount of money over the last 5 months backhandedly crediting things at a greater price than he paid. Now I'm having serious doubts as to whether I should have leant him my camper to go on a road trip.

Edited by Jolfa

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the realisation I have a sleep problem, I go to bed around 10.30 most nights and fall straight to sleep, I was waking up around 2.30 totally awake yet still tired so I go and watch tv for a few hours.

This started around a year ago when my neighbour started working nights, I'm a light sleeper anyway so any noise wakes me really but now it just seems to have become normal and part of my routine I guess. I'd guess to say this happens 4 nights out the week and it's starting to get to me now.

Doesn't matter what I do, once I'm awake that's it for the day. Need to get this sorted as it's really impacting now..

Getting any sort of light in your eyes will instantly kick start your brain into thinking its morning time. So TV at that time is a bad idea, I'm sure you'll realise.

Exercise to the point you're physically exhausted, drink plenty water (the relief of doing a piss and getting back to bed in the middle of the night sends me straight to sleep!).

I'm a light as f**k sleeper too and used to have similar problems - I just got used to sleeping with ear plugs in.  Some are more comfortable than others, so it's worth trying a few.  They'll feel like shit at first, but once you get used to them they're a game changer too.  Can also combine it with a sleep mask if you have a particularly light bedroom - I use a Plemo mask and it's comfy as f**k.

Outer bedrooms pretty dark to be honest, when we moved in we fitted a blind then Jenny added curtains too for some reason.

It's kinda now less about being woken and more in my routine/bodyclock if that makes sense? It's like my brain just thinks '2.30 let's go boyo!'.

Might talk to a pharmacist and see if there's any sleeping type meds that are just super light to see if it helps, then try and work off them.

Things like ear plugs/masks can be just about getting you in 'it's sleep time, dickhead' mode.  I used to find it hard to get back to sleep after I'd woken up, but with the mask on (or quite often off when I've spazzed it onto my forehead) it helps me switch into sleep mode.  It also takes away the temptation to check the time or anything like that that usually leads to dicking around and not going back to sleep.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, Tom Booth said:

I've come to the realisation I have a sleep problem, I go to bed around 10.30 most nights and fall straight to sleep, I was waking up around 2.30 totally awake yet still tired so I go and watch tv for a few hours.

This started around a year ago when my neighbour started working nights, I'm a light sleeper anyway so any noise wakes me really but now it just seems to have become normal and part of my routine I guess. I'd guess to say this happens 4 nights out the week and it's starting to get to me now.

Doesn't matter what I do, once I'm awake that's it for the day. Need to get this sorted as it's really impacting now..

For me, a 8 hour sleep is more like two 4 hour sleeps. I'm always awake at some point right in the middle for a short period of time. Sometimes I go pee. I fall right back asleep though. My advice would be to just lay there with your eyes closed. You may find that within 30 mins you'll be back asleep even if you feel wide awake.

Ever considered sleeping with an air purifier on? The sound doesn't take long to get used to with it being very consistent and it blocks out most other noises.

Also, multivitamin. Try for a month and see what happens.

You didn't mention what time you go to bed?

Big businesses really piss me off.

I've had to spend 3 days organising an account and gathering references to open an account, for a one time purchase with a value of...

£3.42+ vat.

What an absolute waste of time. They even knew what I wanted to purchase when I originally called!