The Angry Thread.

Blake

On 3/1/2018 at 5:26 AM, Tom Booth said:

I've come to the realisation I have a sleep problem, I go to bed around 10.30 most nights and fall straight to sleep, I was waking up around 2.30 totally awake yet still tired so I go and watch tv for a few hours.

This started around a year ago when my neighbour started working nights, I'm a light sleeper anyway so any noise wakes me really but now it just seems to have become normal and part of my routine I guess. I'd guess to say this happens 4 nights out the week and it's starting to get to me now.

Doesn't matter what I do, once I'm awake that's it for the day. Need to get this sorted as it's really impacting now..

Does going to bed later make any difference?

Makes me laugh when people moan they wake up at 5 and go to bed at 10. No shit. You’ve had 7 hours sleep. 

10 hours ago, forteh said:

Sloppy or tight?

Are those the names of the new Teletubbies?

Ended up in the local for a few hours longer than expected. Soph offered to play taxi but by that point Matt wasn't feeling up to being too social - His dad died early yesterday morning so he'd been up since 3am trying to organise stuff and running around after people.

Would have been good to pop in and catch you, but it sounds like you were being a little sensible anyway ;)

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Does going to bed later make any difference?

Makes me laugh when people moan they wake up at 5 and go to bed at 10. No shit. You’ve had 7 hours sleep. 

Jenny always does that :lol:

I always head up about 10.30 then watch tv for about 20 minutes.

I think it's work related to be honest, stress and stuff creating an over active brain.

Here is an extract of my day. You lot might like it.

...Ring Ring, Ring Ring...Ring Ring...Ring Ring...some more f***ing Ring Ring...

(sounds tired as all hell) "Hurrr-low?"

"Hello it's [multinational DIY chain I represent] store deliveries, I'm trying to trace a Mrs ******"

"Yer?"

"We have a delivery today going to [customers address], is that correct?

(sounds indecisive) "Yur."

Great. We are on the way with your [insignificant pissy part order of what is likely to be a kitchen order worth £££££] and are going to be approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Is that OK and are you available to accept delivery?"

"Well i'm 4000 miles away in Canada, so, er, no."

For.  F**k.  Sake.

Yeah we get two grand knocked off from tax-free, but having to pay for bank holidays when they don’t open is a pisstake.

as soon as our next mortgage is in place I think Claire is going to drop days at work as we would still get just over 2 grand off through tax credits. I feel like I’d rather be even poorer and one of us had a better life balance. 

We would be 100% f**ked if we had another. I feel maxed out on effort/energy/money as it is!

Thankfully Finn's now at school and Ash gets the 30 hours so our bill has gone down a good chunk. They do take the piss though. We also have to pay an 'additional charge' per hour for Ash's funded hours as the nursery reckon the government rate doesn't cover costs. Fairly sure they're not actually allowed to do that but do anyway!

3 hours ago, manuel said:

Ours get around it by only allowing 30 hours to go to 3 10 hour days... we have 8 hour days...

that sucks too! Ours do at least let us use it whenever. We've also split them between two places- the first school Ash will go to uses 13 hours I think over three days and the other nursery uses 17 over the other two.

Thank god for mrs wife being a stay at home mum / home educator / dog trainer / master cook/baker / decorator / garden designer / seamstress /herbalist and so on so forth :D

Add washable nappies into the mix and the fact she eats anything apart from egg* and Persephone is nice and low maintenance as far as toddlers go!

*although who has a baby that is allergic to egg! You try cutting egg out of your diet completely and see how much it's used in everything!

Edited by forteh

21 hours ago, MadManMike said:

29426124_10160063831640587_5935663262841

RIP, £500 lens.

Ouch :angry: Hope the camera is alright!

Is the lens still usable for some arts shots? :mellow:

http://kurtmunger.com/dirty_lens_articleid35.html

I managed to go to the dentist last thursday. I regret it. Only had my teeth cleaned. Got told to use small brushes daily to brush the gum in between the teeth. Didn't use them yet, teeth still hurt. Not sure if it's the gum or actually the teeth. It's fecking cold outside and I can't breathe with my mouth open because it feels like my teeth will split. I guess they do feel clean though, so there's that.

3 hours ago, Topsy said:

Ouch :angry: Hope the camera is alright!

Is the lens still usable for some arts shots? :mellow:

http://kurtmunger.com/dirty_lens_articleid35.html

The camera seems fine, thankfully.

In the photo you can only see the smashed filter, which I've taken all the glass out of (I can't get the filter off, it's stuck on due to the damage). The actual damage is internal, the zoom sticks in three places, but seems to focus.

I've sent a few enquiries around for estimates on repair cost.

Not sure why the producers thought this was a good idea when it was badly done and clearly has no place for this popular soap.

A scene like this would have been more suited to EastEnders than Corrie. 

As for muppet skills of the muggers, well we won't get into that..

Edited by Rusevelt

I'm currently in Vegas, and last night watched a grown man in the street shit in his hands and launch it at a passing tour bus, hitting a woman on the open top deck square in the lower jaw.

Somehow, despite all this, you still continue to surprise and confuse me to an unimaginable level.

• Like 12