The Angry Thread.

Blake

<GhettoQuote @Tom Booth>

That's savage, how have you found Cali and Vegas Luke? We're doing pretty much the same trip for our honeymoon in September."

</GhettoQuote>

Currently in Palm Springs having just finished a day of breakfast in Vegas, Hoover Dam this morning, 6 hours driving (inc some Route 66) and just eaten my bodyweight in steak and chips. Sleep imminent.

Will endeavour to post up some more info in the Happy Thread/similar but if I forget, give me a nudge and I'll drop you a trip report. This is our honeymoon/30th trip so similar deal by the sounds of it (Y)

Yeah exactly the same deal for.us really. We're planning a day in Vegas  (don't think I'd cope much more) then drive to San Francisco in a mustang or something else super stereotypical. We're really excited about SF as it really appeals to us.

5 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Yeah exactly the same deal for.us really. We're planning a day in Vegas  (don't think I'd cope much more) then drive to San Francisco in a mustang or something else super stereotypical. We're really excited about SF as it really appeals to us.

Almost everyone seems to be in a Mustang. Nice cars (other than their mild tendency to kill crowds of course) but super common. As we left Hoover Dam yesterday there were 5 white convertible ones in quick succession, all from different places but very obviously hire cars. 

We looked into them, but decided to just go for a boring Ford Focus class car. Arrived to pick it up and was handed the keys to a Mazda 3. I must have looked very upset because she soon changed them for those from this, which has been far more fun (and although a few about, significantly fewer than Mustangs!)

IMG_20180325_173238_HDR.thumb.jpg.9b9c3f0128bacc84fd6595e91545756f.jpg

Lots of cool old school stuff about too, you'll love it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Almost everyone seems to be in a Mustang. Nice cars (other than their mild tendency to kill crowds of course) but super common. As we left Hoover Dam yesterday there were 5 white convertible ones in quick succession, all from different places but very obviously hire cars. 

We looked into them, but decided to just go for a boring Ford Focus class car. Arrived to pick it up and was handed the keys to a Mazda 3. I must have looked very upset because she soon changed them for those from this, which has been far more fun (and although a few about, significantly fewer than Mustangs!)

IMG_20180325_173238_HDR.thumb.jpg.9b9c3f0128bacc84fd6595e91545756f.jpg

Lots of cool old school stuff about too, you'll love it.

What engine is it? 28.5 litre or the measly 26.9 litre? :D

Looks perfect for a speedy road trip, though I gather US cops are pretty tough on speeding.

Spent about an hour in London yesterday between flight landing and getting to the car to escape. Not being from Cornwall, I don't have enough fingers to count the number of people I wanted to stab/shoot in that time.

Don't get me wrong, there are dickheads everywhere, but increasing the dickheads per square foot exponentially as you do in a city like that makes almost everything shit.

• Like 6

On 06/04/2018 at 0:28 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

Spent about an hour in London yesterday between flight landing and getting to the car to escape. Not being from Cornwall, I don't have enough fingers to count the number of people I wanted to stab/shoot in that time.

Don't get me wrong, there are dickheads everywhere, but increasing the dickheads per square foot exponentially as you do in a city like that makes almost everything shit.

The trick is reverse expectations, assume everyone is a dick until they prove otherwise, that way if they're not they're a bonus non-dick. It took me a few months to get used to it but now I can proudly call myself a London dick with non-dick tendencies.  

3 hours ago, JD™ said:

That’s one bit I don’t miss now that I’m (sort of) 9-5. Time to get some help in?

My issue is finding someone I can trust to prep something to my level, knowing stuffs not coming back in 6 months with flakey paint or peeling laminate.

It's mainly due to the fact it's show season in a few weeks and people are flapping to get machines ready. Good for me as I make on all the dealers that need help, then I make on my own machines too. Downside being this hectic rush a few times a year.

• Like 1

Regardless of your political views, I find it amazing that anyone can support and trust May. She's a thundercunt that's so thundercunty, she doesn't even appear on the thundercunt scale.

Surely even hardcore Tory supporters should be questioning their allegiance now?

• Like 2