The Angry Thread.

Blake

• 2 weeks later...

Buying records pisses me right off. Buying the best records I can justify and there descriptions are f**k all like the actual item. I've sent 2 back now and getting bored of not receiving what I've ordered really!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a motorcycle in parts. Seller shipped in the UK for free. I had two companies to select from to bring it over here, one removal company that does England - Switzerland once a week and a motorcycle transportation service.

I went for the latter because I trust them to get the customs documents right and all that. I also told them to "bundle" my pallet/box of parts together with something different for the region, to save on costs.

Looks like no one else wants anything currently.

I mean, it gives me time to concentrate on my exams in a month, but I'm still a bit fed up with waiting to be honest. Curiously I don't feel like I made the wrong choice. Annoying.

People who should have bought double wall/36h stuff buying single wall/32h stuff because they wanted to save weight, and swaying the market towards single wall/32h stuff, pretty much.  Through working at TartyBikes I've seen countless people buy the parts they wanted rather than the parts they needed.  If companies see that a certain type of product sells, they're going to make more of that and less of the stuff that doesn't.  

If you're just replacing the rim on your back wheel throw this on there and never have to buy another rim again :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark W said:

People who should have bought double wall/36h stuff buying single wall/32h stuff because they wanted to save weight, and swaying the market towards single wall/32h stuff, pretty much.  Through working at TartyBikes I've seen countless people buy the parts they wanted rather than the parts they needed.  If companies see that a certain type of product sells, they're going to make more of that and less of the stuff that doesn't.  

If you're just replacing the rim on your back wheel throw this on there and never have to buy another rim again :P

Is 36h significantly stronger than 32h?

edit: dbag, I missed it. 

It is stronger but not by a huge amount really.  The rim design would probably play more of a role than that difference in spokes, as would the wheel build.  I think part of the 'problem' people have with rims not lasting is shonky wheel builds.  You see people riding some bikes that are set up like dogshit - if someone can't be bothered to grease parts when they're fitting them it kinda suggests they might not give the most care and attention to a wheelbuild and make sure it's all lubed up, pre-stressed properly, etc.

My wee camera case with my Sony and action camera seems to have rolled out of my bag when I was on a train last weekend... Can't find the thing anywhere, public transport lost property is pretty useless and I'm basically giving up on it after spending a few hours pulling my room apart. Just annoyed at myself for this one gosh darnit.  Neither were especially valuable probably £300 total a few years ago but I like them both. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2018 at 10:44 PM, Topsy said:

Bought a motorcycle in parts. Seller shipped in the UK for free. I had two companies to select from to bring it over here, and all that stuff from my earlier post.

Update: There's no update.

Last week next week was 'likely' but judging by me not hearing from them yet I suppose it's become unlikely, like the past eight weeks.

They've had it for two months now. In a blink of an eye it'll have been sitting there for a quarter of a year.

If I'd have used some dodgy dude on shiply it'd probably be here now or properly lost. But I'd know what's up.

I'm just sick of the constant postponing. 'it's looking like next week' 'overnext week is likely'. If they can't be arsed making international deliveries they shall not offer them anymore.

And everyone keeps giving asking me if it has bloody arrived. And I'm totally not feeling bad because I can't tell the seller if it arrived safely or not.

To add to that my mate that is supposed to help me get the thing together will be moving away early September.

If anyone has a van and fancies holidays in Switzerland let me know.

fin.

Edited by Topsy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the very sad realization today that i'm probably going to give up trials riding. i dislocated my left shoulder April 2016 from f**king up a large gap. and i've dislocated my shoulder 3 times since then. i had shoulder stabilization surgery 2 weeks ago and am healing well. before i f**ked it up, i was weight lifting every day, eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting confident with my body. 

There's no reason you can't get back to that though.  Just rehab it properly and patiently and you'll be able to build it up gradually to where you were before.  It'll take time, but it's a bit of time now for a lot of good times later, or rushing to get back into things earlier and jeopardising what you're capable of further down the line.

• Like 2

On 17/07/2018 at 7:16 PM, MartMini said:

I've had the very sad realization today that i'm probably going to give up trials riding. i dislocated my left shoulder April 2016 from f**king up a large gap. and i've dislocated my shoulder 3 times since then. i had shoulder stabilization surgery 2 weeks ago and am healing well. before i f**ked it up, i was weight lifting every day, eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting confident with my body. 

What Mark said - I was in exacty the same situation as you a few years back. I got incredibly depressed about riding, disloacte, recover, get good again, disloacte, recover, get good again... After the surgery though I took my sweet time recovering and doing the excersises every day. I think it was just over a year before I started trials again but I haven't had a problem since (besides being a bit precious about my shoulders when I'm riding). And the good news is joints stiffen up as you age, that's something 18 year old me didn't appreciate but it seems to be working out for me. 

Now what you shouldn't do it tear your ACL ligament, avoid that as mucho possible :P