The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I want to go!

In other happy news. I got a full refund from PayPal after a guy on Pink Bike sent me a f**ked shock with missing bits then blocked me. Now he is grovelling for me to send him back the shock.

Keep some parts off it and send him back what's left ;)

He still owes me a little more cash. He was a dick from the start. I sent him the £xxx for 'goods' on PayPal so PayPal took their cut, as they do, but he wasnt happy with that then asked me to send him more. Stupidly, I did, as a gift. So until he sends me that too, hes not getting his shock back.

PB seems to be frequented by children who have just been allowed on the internet. I was all set to buy some high rise bars from someone, asked him when I could collect (cash on collection, obviously) and received a message along the lines of, "My dad said I could hav these bars, now I'm sellin them nd he's pissed ov with me. Thx dick."

I've had pretty good experiences with pinkbike: -

Intense 5.5 + freshly rebuilt rp23 - £265

Marzocchi 44 rc3ti - £80

Sunline v1 stem - £5

All really smooth transactions :)

3 things? :giggle:

Out of probably 2 fully built from the ground up bikes plus more stuff here and there, Ive had 1 scam from a guy who never posted my SRAM shifter and mech. £60 lost. Then this guy with the shock which I got my money back from. So as much as a bad rep PB gets, there is a lot of genuine sellers/buyers.

okay, so now it is official

I got through one of the last step of the competition, so at the moment I am part of the TeamUK= I am in the top 10 Electronic Engineer student in the world!

I will go to Brazil this August, in the colour of United Kingdom, representing the best that this country can offer!

I am really excited, and even though this summer will be about training, no holidays what so ever, I reckon every second will worth it!

That sadly also means that I can forget about trials for the summer, as I will not stay at Northern Ireland for more than 2 weeks, and I will study every day... but maybe at uni :)

• Like 13

That's awesome Hippy! Out of interest what kind of 'training' will you be doing? I'm imagining extremely fiddly and intricate soldering, but feel like I could be completely wrong.

Nothing exhausting or extreme

this week and next week from 9am-6am Monday Friday Microcontroller programming in C

Afternoon basic school stuff, and more C programming practice until midnight

Saturdays are studying the weeks field, Sunday rest, so only a few hours of studying

15th June : a week long special psychological training in Loughborough

weekend Bristol Fault Finding

Next week: even more C programming

week after: Fault finding in Belfast

+1 week: Soldering with faultfinding

+1 week: a highly professional training in a professional software to design Printed Circuit boards ("That green board in your phone and PC) (already have around 400 hours of work in that program)

+1 week professional soldering course

2 weeks (or so) training in Belfast, we will see what I need to learn

Aug 7: London ceremony, we are going to get a proper ceremony, similar as Olympics get (or I have been told)

a short 11 hours flight to Sao Paulo

1 day "Ermegherd Jetlag"

1 day setup, 4 day flat out competition

Aug 16: Balint will receive his Gold Medal

Aug 17: Balint is in Mental hospital screaming "Electronics is the devil!"(Hopefully not)

So you are part right, but basically no parties, no holiday, and whereas everyone stops going to school next week, I will go to college until August

But then again I have the skill and knowledge, and I have so much experience and extra training that no one has in UK, and the fact that I can say that I am in the top 10 in the world should get me a few points on my CV

• Like 2

Gathered the balls to walk up to the HR person at work and discuss my leave notice. I'm not keen on this job because it affects my lifestyle and its shit. She told me the deal with the company and how things are going to 'pick up rapidly' in the next month or two and she said she will forget about the conversation we had and let me think about it properly.

Pay to effort / social sacrifices i make just doesn't add up. I'm on 40 Hours at £5.13 doing more work than the guys based on a good salary. What i want to do is the odd job here and there, getting money when I need/want it rather than walking in to this place doing the same repetitive tasks every day for 8 hours.

I'm happy i said something about it.

What i want to do is the odd job here and there, getting money when I need/want it rather than walking in to this place doing the same repetitive tasks every day for 8 hours.

How old are you? That's a pretty naïve point of view. Almost all jobs are repetitive shit everyday for pay that is never as good as you want it to be.

• Like 1