The Happy Thread

Duncy H

16 hours ago, Mark W said:

If you wanted to run the equivalent of 22:15, you could do either 18:12 (which would feel a tiny bit harder) or 18:13 (which would be pretty similar).

This would be possible but due to being a cautious fanny I want to use a wider rear sprocket on the rear like the TT to prevent digging. I'll just take the hit on pricing if it gets me back out on the bike it's worth it! 

Semi-Car-Thread, but I sold the hybrid turbo kit that I was going to be using to a chap in Scotland when I changed my plans. Annoyingly it was just after I had a draft swap so I wasn't able to deliver it all in person but a friend took it up for me and met the chap who it turns out was not only a lovely guy to speak to on the phone/via email but was either an utter baller, a drug dealer, a human trafficker or a combination of the three, as having just received the payment from my friend (who's now home again), it's all in £100 notes and he threw in a bottle of (actual) Champagne as well. What an absolute gent!

• Like 2

On 2/11/2016 at 7:54 AM, manuel said:

That's still not bad ! On the heaviest setting I presume? 

no we usually run about half resistance; the machines in our club are very well loved so they're quite 'resistive' anyway. heres an interesting article about the resistance dial if you wanna learn about it :) i think i'd be hospitalized if i pulled a 17.40 on full crack :P.

in other happy news; i started an office job in september and despite basically quitting road bikes which made up most of my life the summer before i started i haven't put on heaps of weight or lost much fitness due (mostly cause of rowing). i'm really weird about my body weight and size so i'm quite happy at how i've been adulting with all things considered. i've improved my diet significantly too :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

All will be revealed in a couple of hours :D

Nothing mega special but different to what I usually go for. 

Mk3 Golf estate - red.

03 Skoda Octavia - black.

57 VW Passat - silver.

???????? :P

mid-late 90's Jap skidder, 200sx, FC/D, Supra, something along those lines..?

Edited by Jolfa

Oh no, not one of those, the X-Torts

funnellsar.jpg

That very one in fact which weirdly just came up on Google Images, hosted by my mate on our old website from 2000-2001ish, because if you didn't have a website with pics of your bike/bio/a for sale section (?!) you may as well not bother riding a bike at all!

Longest damn bike in the world, look at the gap between rear wheel and seat tube ffs! Horrendous to ride :lol:

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 2