The Happy Thread

Duncy H

15 hours ago, isitafox said:

Oh yes, front brake is gash. Might well have a few cheeky upgrades when it gets done! 

I take back what I said about it being a mis mash etc. It is a nice largely original example - a rare thing with TY's.

Have your fun and then restore it with correct graphics and whatnot. See of you can find the thick vinyl tank cover that should be on there. They are z spoke wheels (the originals) BTW. Dad reliably informs me they are made of unobtainium largely due to yam inventomg a one off type spoke that you couldn't/can't get hold of; and yours look to be in good nick. The fact that these and all the the little bits that don't survive cos they rot or get beat to shit by being (ab)used week in week out are still present and correct makes it cool in itself, let alone shirty owned it and it'll be (as you said) a big bore would to me sell the resto route alone.

Would be mint to see it all done up properly.

Edited by CC12345678910

Last car insurance payment comes out tomorrow for this last year. Drops by over half if I renew with the same people but it looks likely I can find it even cheaper if I shop around now before it runs out. 

Result. 

• Like 1

can move my leg properly now, most of the stitches are out and i'm stunting again. i've finally started tracking my macros too, i'm not altering my diet at all, just logging it for a week or two, then i'm gonna start creeping in the changes :D 

I am setting up my first webshop, it is exciting and scary at the same time!

The business is getting together, a Friday launch seems more and more plausible

I went to the bank to ask for an appointment for a business account, it was a surreal experience

Also, i have a decent beard, people are finally figuring out I am over 19!

1 hour ago, dann2707 said:

Pics or it didn't happen 

1 hour ago, bikeperson45 said:

Yes screenshots of the webshop please

pphonev1.png

it is using shopify, nothing too fancy, white background, a simple design. 

It will change in the next few days, but nothing major. Thing is, this is a website, hence I can update it and work on it

Name of the company is not the best imo, but this is what I came up, and it is a name like

3 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

Pretty sure you're a world champion plumber or something? Or have I completely misread a post in here ages ago...

I was an uk champion in Electronics and world no 16

close enough, and yeah, it happened a year ago.. time flies. man

• Like 1

After an outrageous outburst from my wife that I thought was directed at me, I got this reply: "I wasn't talking to you. You're a pooface, not a shit faced cunt. See? I can be nice."

I'm very lucky indeed.

• Like 3

I bought this last year to restore and keep, started to restore last November and finally got it playing last night for my Monday deadline (it's my birthday)..

IMAG0094_zpspkrrfgon.jpg

No screw or fitting has been missed on her, everything is zinc plated or painted back to factory finish. Even operates on coin too! Just got the grille emblem to refit but I'm over the moon with her. 

Managed to pick up the correct wall box for her too as a birthday present to myself. There was only 148 of these ever made..

IMAG0095_zpslujbskq7.jpg

Connected to the original stepper box and all selections work as should and again on coin! Every dealer/customer that has seen her wants to buy and have offered silly money for her but she's not going anywhere. I'm fairly confident to say she is the best one in the UK if not further afield. I have a pair of original external speakers for her too if I can convince Jenny to let me bring them home, what 20ftx13ft living room doesn't need a valve amp driving through 6 12" Jensen's :lol:

• Like 4

Cheers Mike, it's been a money pit but worth it. I doubt it'll go much higher in price, I've already been offered a record amount for this particular model so it'll take a serious collector to top it. Only another 8 to go, not sure what Jenny will say when I bring the next few home :lol: