The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Went and collected the replacement door for my other Civic this weekend, turns out its in better condition than I expected. 
Also secured a pair of seats too so thats a bonus! 

All followed up by a spur of the moment night out in Hull with a few mates that I havent had the chance to see in a long time. 

Awesome weekend all round.

• Like 1

I've always joked about making a 'hit TV show' but two weeks ago I decided to actually give making something ago so busted out a few scripts for a little web series and posted it online to see if anyone would actually be interested. A bunch of actors have replied saying they're like to do something so I've now organized some script reads and a initial two weekends worth of filming. All very amateur but it feels pretty amazing to be the guy that's making things happen, it's just weird thinking that these are human beings on the internet saying they're interested...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SamKidney said:

Time to ditch my ever growing beer gut and get a bit fitter again. I tried going on a run the other night and can't believe how unfit Ive become! 

Back out on the trials bike and then the roadie afterwards for a good run each night. 

Determined!

Any Parkruns near you? I was pessimistic before (never done running and didn't want to) but now doing it fairly regularly (usually pushing two boys in a pushchair...) and actually kind of enjoy it. Ought to run more in the week to keep things going but never find the time!

2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Any Parkruns near you? I was pessimistic before (never done running and didn't want to) but now doing it fairly regularly (usually pushing two boys in a pushchair...) and actually kind of enjoy it. Ought to run more in the week to keep things going but never find the time!

There is a local group who run regularly. Can choose groups depending on the distance you want to run. Might have to look into getting into one. 

I sort of dug myself a massive hole when I released that pregnancy announcement a few months back, because it's meant I have to be very aware of being a hypocrite with posting any updates online about our progress. I like that because it keeps news to family, but it's obviously natural to want to shout about it a bit as well. We never held anything against those who did for that reason.

So I'm keeping it to myself as much as possible, but I'm going to pop if I don't write it here. Found out yesterday that our little one is going to be a girl. I'm having a daughter, and I can't wait to meet her :D

On the other hand, my offer at the end of that video to chat to anyone going through tough times with the process is still open (Y)

• Like 5

Congrats again, we waited till the moment to find out Persephone was a girl.

Have you considered home water birth?  Have a look into it, was f**king awesome although obviously medical conditions and Hayley being happy with it are paramount.  Yell if you are interested in more info :)

We're working on the attached parenting with P (the whole co-sleeping, self weaning, baby wearing hippy type of parents if you like) and it's great.  Would also recomend cloth nappies if you have a decent tumble drier.

I'll stop ranting, as @Bing said to me before P was born, it's the best thing that can happen to you and he was right :D

• Like 1