The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Love being self employed on days like today. 

Fit a handrail this morning on my first job, 

gone and painted a 3 story communal hallway, 

third job damp proof painted a bathroom wall, 

fourth job open a window lock and replace the handle, 

job five emergency call out open and replace a door lock, 

sixth job paint a bedroom and living room out. 

Its only 3pm 

• Like 1

Did my first ever comp with my lad yesterday. He's 8 and wanted to have a go, so entered him in white at bracken rocks. A few tumbles and a fatherly "man up" and he was loving it. And he beat me as well, got less points haha

• Like 4

Finally been put on a permanent schedule with deliveroo 11:30am-9pm mon-fri.

I sometimes have a few weeks where I have to train people (paid per person im assigned to train as well), but most of the time I'm sat at home with my gps location far enough away that I'm still in the city but don't get any orders through. I only do deliveries between 6pm and 9pm when the orders start to pick up and I can make it look like i'm doing work.

I love my job. 

3 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

She's casing to vehicle for tools. She'll be back tonight having swapped the bloodhound for a balaclava. 

Mark just going around saying I just get all this untaxed cash and the vigilante granny's are onto me haha

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dman said:

I have that gun, pellets always jam.

Depends what pellets. You need Wadcutters, ie flat nosed. Rws hobbys were what he recommended to me. Diablos don't work, the shape is all wrong. Mines a bit better now it's had a load of pellets through it

On 17/03/2017 at 2:36 PM, Paperclip said:

Have you tried looking down the barrel as you fire just to see where they're jamming? 

Obvs

On 17/03/2017 at 9:49 PM, bing said:

Depends what pellets. You need Wadcutters, ie flat nosed. Rws hobbys were what he recommended to me. Diablos don't work, the shape is all wrong. Mines a bit better now it's had a load of pellets through it

Tried a few different brands, it's always same, it's either shooting it shakes the pellets loose or when you cock it.

i had my first boat race this weekend, been rowing since last september but work and injuries meant i missed everything last year. we got absolutely rinsed but i'm really proud of the squad and how we got on :) 

• Like 3

Picked up a husqvarna petrol strimmer to whizz round the allotment for the princely sum of a fiver, broken guard that I can get remade at work but it turns over freely and makes the right blubblubbblub noise on the pull start so looks to be good for compression.  Time to strip, clean, lubricate and find some 2stroke oil :)

Stripped my reverb seatpost last night with the aim to completely service it. Found that the top seal head DU bush had partially delaminated but fortunately not scored the inner shaft.  Unfortunately you cannot just replace the DU bush and rockshox want you to replace the whole sealhead assembly at the cost of 30-40 quid :(

Booked a half day off work this morning, talked nicely to the workshop foreman and have now machined myself a replacement bush (with a spare to go as well) from delrin so should never fail, only took an hour or so to machine so I'm going to go turn up the components I need for my rebound damper modifications :)

edit: got the seatpost assembled last night, took a couple of attempts to get the ifp bleed good but think I've mostly got it now. Service is nice and straight forward, if a little messy!

The new bush fits perfectly with zero rock at the seat, slides really freely as well and should never wear out like the DU bush. Got a spare bush that I might stick in my mates reverb if his is bad :)

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1