Duncy H

The Happy Thread

8668 posts in this topic

I don’t think my wife will ever notice that I got drawn in by a Black Friday deal...DE831A73-6318-4BF8-A949-008275CB1934.thumb.jpeg.46aedc77490b5ac691ea73d916e057b9.jpeg

5 people like this

If you could bring the wall forward you'd be onto a winner

Went to the local big annual horse race with $80, got pissed as f**k in the sun, came home with sunburn and $120, great success :D

Today the bellend housemates we can't stand have announced they're leaving, in the wake of their last bollocking (for smoking indoors, which they flat out denied), more great success :D

On 03/12/2017 at 4:46 PM, Guillermo M. said:

Good good bye TV :)

Can't see the pic? 

3 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Can't see the pic? 

You gotta be quick...

I'm guessing it was sawn in half 

It was a good good picture.

1 person likes this

My friend took me out to a jam session last weekend, got on so well with the guys there I treated myself to a wee present today :) just what I need to get through the winter months. 

c6RtIhG.jpg

3 people like this

Sold my road bike :D

Cost me about £100 to build, sold for £120.

Poom.

2 people like this

Had a f**king awesome 4 nights away in Prague old town with the same group of mates I went to Dublin with last year for one of their Birthdays. 

Not the typical club crawl, just good food, good beer, good bars, good company and a load of laughs.

We’re already planning the next trip away, can’t wait! 

Really feel it’s helped my own self morale, I don’t really do much outside of my own bubble (cars) so it made a refreshing and very welcome change! 

Edited by SamKidney
5 people like this

2 minutes ago, SamKidney said:

Had a f**king awesome 4 nights away in Prague old town with the same group of mates I went to Dublin with last year for one of their Birthdays. 

I got back today from 3 nights there and I absolutely loved it. Such an awesome city.

1 hour ago, Tony Harrison said:

I got back today from 3 nights there and I absolutely loved it. Such an awesome city.

I dare say we probably passed each other haha, I only got back Sunday evening. 

Best part of Prague is that skate spot up by the giant metronome thing, one of my favourite places I've been to.  Don't even know if it has an official name.

Prague is great. Went there from Budapest a few years back. There's like am underground cocktail place there and it's amazing. I've forgotten its name, something angels

Loads of cool underground bars. 

We ended up paying about 500kc each to go on a bar crawl on Thursday just to go to the first place and enjoy 3hrs of free drinks. Real cool space with a awesome atmosphere and decent music too. 

The bars that followed were ace too. 

500kc works out at about £16.00 odd dependant on exchange rate so there’s plenty of time in 3 hours to get the drink down you to make it worth it haha. 

i booked tickets to see my favourite singer next year. i don't think i've ever been this happy about something. she's quite niche, not many people know her in this country, but the tickets sell fast so i had about 6 notifications telling me when they went live. the experience of seeing and hearing someone in person when you've listened to their music on electronic devices for years i think will be... other worldly for me. the venue only sits 400 so i bought the tickets at warp speed :D 

Edited by Herbertlemon102
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

i booked tickets to see my favourite singer next year. i don't think i've ever been this happy about something. she's quite niche, not many people know her in this country, but the tickets sell fast so i had about 6 notifications telling me when they went live. the experience of seeing and hearing someone in person when you've listened to their music on electronic devices for years i think will be... other worldly for me. the venue only sits 400 so i bought the tickets at warp speed :D 

If it's Susan Sundfor I'll like your post

1 person likes this

It's Susan Boyle with Honey G as the support act, that's why he didn't mention any names.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

If it's Susan Sundfor I'll like your post

it is.

if you like susanne, we need to ride bikes and discuss music :D 

Edited by Herbertlemon102

This is a f**king masterpiece. Just wow.

15 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

it is.

if you like susanne, we need to ride bikes and discuss music :D 

Ah no way, was not expecting a yes. I'm a little iffy on her new album but Ten Love Songs is one of my favourite albums, went to see her last year and she was great so have fun. 

9 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

Ah no way, was not expecting a yes. I'm a little iffy on her new album but Ten Love Songs is one of my favourite albums, went to see her last year and she was great so have fun. 

ten loves songs was my favourite, "slowly" specifically. i wish i had gone to see her while that was being played live :(