The Happy Thread

Duncy H

• 2 weeks later...

Took dogface out for the first time soloing off his lead (mrs wife has been doing the training so he responds to her commands much better). He was a goodboy™ and got fed lots of bits of cheese and frankfurter for coming back every time he was called :)

Make a traildog out of him soon!

28336446_10156234732397146_6955588579559

• Like 2

Best thing I ever did with Ted was to buy a longish lead and just cycle slowly around the park with him attached to my wrist. Let him have a sniff and do his business first then just jogging pace laps of somewhere quiet so he can get used to the bike and noises. After that I just picked the pace up and he just kept getting more and more used to the motions and braking. After about 2 weeks I took him to pines on a Sunday afternoon and just went for it.

He was awesome, super proud of him and now it's just second nature to him, he knows the blue and red trail as well as I do now and loves the chase. He has to have a little break and drink every 20 mins or so as hes designed to sprint not for distance but he does well. He's built the muscle up now to run for longer but it doesn't feel right having him run for too long.

FB_IMG_1519638192484.thumb.jpg.547e7984d2e1dc90e6a6db82ea63670b.jpg

When we go to Pines I have 2 tags for him. One with my address and phone number on and then one with my car reg and model etc so if he's found they have a hope of returning him in the car park. He's never once strayed from the trail though.

• Like 3

Bilbo has both of our mobile number on his collar tag so shouldn't be a major problem, might have to put the car reg on his harness though, that's a good call.

He's still a bit excitable by other people, dogs, leaves, pebbles and generally everything; if I attached a lead to him on a bike he would be dragging me through the bushes if he so wanted :D

Haha that's the upshot with Ted I guess, he's only 12kg so isn't much of an anchor.

I got car reg idea from Jenny's dads work colleague. He has working spaniel that are always loose in pines and regularly dissapear. He has his van reg and 'parked in main carpark' on them all. He just slips them on when they go to work and it's worked for him  few times.

• Like 1

For Mcdonalds Breakfast Connoisseurs:

McDonalds (Nottingham) paid me today to trial some breakfast today.

Unfortunately:

Its on some nasty floured dry roll/cob/bap/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll/roll

They are trialing new 'apple smoked woodhouse' bacon. which is dry and very very artificial tasting.

Ketchup was great though

got paid £2 to eat it and got a free large hot drink on top (because i said it was dry as/f)

After a lot of faffing I'll finally be moving away from my parents again and back in London. Sunday night I'll be in the new place and I'm feeling like it's the 23rd December 15 years ago. Really though I'm just happy my waiting around paid off, I was holding out on finding a big room in a central-ish location that wasn't more than £700 a month which was starting to feel impossible, I must have viewed about 40 rooms the past two years... Looks like it did pay off though. 

In other news, I've stuck the music I've been recording the past year on Spotify which is purely vanity publishing but it's really cool seeing it on there. I am curious to see if I ever break the 10 plays number :P