The Happy Thread

Duncy H

got into longboarding a few years ago, had a browse on shpock and found 2 boards i've wanted for ages for £30 a piece, they rrp at £120 and neither appears to have been used :D happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into our local store the weekend before last as they had big signs outside stating "ALL STOCK REDUCED" and I fancied some bargains, but excluding half a dozen items in the window nothing was actually marked with any indication of the discount or new price. Strong business skillz.

It's clearly gonna be varied depending on store and location. I had a quick glance at Canary Wharf store in London, and everything is currently 50% off. Beats headphones currently down to £71 

Edited by Rusevelt

Just jumping back to the Beats discussion, they're shite, don't waste your money.

Best marketing scam ever, tricked millions into paying way over the odds for poor sound quality.

Read hi fi mags, join audiophile forums... you'll never see them get recommended.

A £100 pair of them would be equivalent to a £30 pair of something else.

1 hour ago, MadManMike said:

Just jumping back to the Beats discussion, they're shite, don't waste your money.

Best marketing scam ever, tricked millions into paying way over the odds for poor sound quality.

Read hi fi mags, join audiophile forums... you'll never see them get recommended.

A £100 pair of them would be equivalent to a £30 pair of something else.

+1 literally just a fashion accessory. 

Any tips for what to get instead? The girlfriends birthday coming up soon, she showed me some saying are they good she’d like some and I had guessed they were overpriced tosh.

Whats out there that’s reasonably priced for her to use mostly in the gym?

I'd personally advocate getting two sets if you're using them for the gym. I have a set of these which do perfectly well for gym work where quality doesn't matter too much and I don't have to worry about them getting ruined. Then I have a set of these for everything else. Not getting bluetooth these days is an odd decision in my humble opinion. I was forced into it by the iPhone 7 (which was uncool, Apple) but I'm glad it happened because it's a much more convenient system. Charging just isn't an issue for me, I plug stuff in at night and it's good to go the next day. I don't need to charge the gym ones more than once a week.

I have a cheap Sim Only contract with Three. Costs me £10 per month and is pretty decent - I think the same deal is about £15 or so for new customers. For some reason they take £10.01 each month, which I've noticed before but never given much thought. 

Boring night plus new bill coming through, so I decided to ask them on web chat. Passed through two advisers, neither could really explain why it was happening but apparently it was down to "rounding". I pointed out that when the bills explicitly state I've not used anything outside my allowance, and show a distinct "£0.000 extras" then even with rounding £10.00 + £0.000 = £10.00 (yes, it annoys me that they mix different levels of precision too...), and neither had any real explanation.

They've since decided that it's easier to just get rid of me so they've decided to refund the 15p extra which they'd taken, have knocked £2 per month off the bill and given me £20 credit on top. Can't really fault that in terms of customer services (except for the obvious fact they shouldn't be taking higher payments than billed, of course, regardless of the amount). If they start taking £8.01 I might have the same conversation and see how far I can push it :lol:

• Like 3