The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I find the idea hilarious and it comes across as a typical "only in Britain" thing.

The effectiveness of it? Questionable. Do I care? No.

And I agree, the far left are pretty equal to the far right when it comes to free speech, but they'd never admit it.

1 hour ago, Topsy said:

And I agree, the far left are pretty equal to the far right when it comes to free speech, but they'd never admit it.

Typically the right-leaning prominent figures (or at least those labelled by the left as being right) seem outcome-independent and secure in their viewpoints, they offer them up and shrug off criticism. More and more it's the tactic of the far left to try to censor and shout down anything they don't agree with, or just get violent about it, convinced that somehow they're justified. Pick your f'cked up dictator or tyrant and they all thought that they were right, that their vision justified the means employed. There's so much about the far left that comes across as downright hypocritical (or simply pathetic).

Here we go. Still needs a little TLC but after sorting out the brakes, changing the tyres (never come across these Michelin Mambo tyres but they look spot on for 20" trials), changing the chain (he'd been running a quicklink without the C-clip...), straightening the hanger, putting on some different grips (may go to thin foam grips for little hands), greasing the headset etc. I think we're good to go.

5b4b1543aca35_P1150681(Large).thumb.JPG.e1d55733929d9ff2e755f0768c70d651.JPG

5b4b1545609f5_P1150682(Large).thumb.JPG.96d011f01c6e3da149e0d31a3e6982fe.JPG

5b4b15423babd_P1150683(Large).thumb.JPG.6768b8154f05ac5062426c9f650203aa.JPG

• Like 1

On 13/07/2018 at 6:01 PM, Mikee said:

@Mark W I wasn’t comparing them. The Trump balloon was approved as being a demonstration of free speech. But with the far left, free speech is only ok if they agree with it. I’m saying that if a Sadiq Khan balloon was made, I bet it would be blocked.

Yeah, you're right - definitely haven't been any far right marches in London ever.  Certainly weren't pro-Trump demonstrations either (Y)

As JD said, "far" is the key thing with it.  Justifying the behaviour of one extreme because of the behaviour of the other makes no sense.  People just need to be less cunty, that's about it.

23 hours ago, Mark W said:

Yeah, you're right - definitely haven't been any far right marches in London ever.  Certainly weren't pro-Trump demonstrations either (Y)

Who said there wasn't? My argument is about bias. I will be happy to be proven wrong when the Khan baby flies.

Surely if there are anti-Trump and pro-Trump demonstrations that implies there isn't a bias with that?  If we're just picking arbitrary things as our goals for proving points, I'll be happily proven wrong when someone inflates Piers Morgan to the size of the Trump Baby and flies him across London.

Clearly they’d never be able to let go of all the juicy ad revenue us 5 active users must be generating!

Time for a long overdue “thanks for putting up with us” Tom and Danny (Y)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having had the ppi monies in the bank for a few weeks now we've been on the hunt for a cargo bike. Found a babboe curve in Hammersmith for 1100 quid which I'm collecting tomorrow evening!

Unfortunately it's wider than both the front door and rear gate so it's going to have to live out in the front garden. Spent this afternoon clearing and levelling an 8'x6' area and casting a ground anchor into concrete to tie it down. Going to get it slabbed in the next few weeks but will do for now.

Rather randomly, a stray spur thigh tortoise wandered up the garden path. No idea whose it is and no one has come looking so far, going to see if it's chipped at the vets and keep hold for the mean time :)

So the family total bike count is now going to be eleven :D

• Like 1

7 3/4 hour round trip and we have a cargo bike :)

Needs a new rear tube putting in, cables lubing, front brakes balancing and a couple of patches of missing paint I want to touch up but it's all good. Persephone is going to love it, unfortunately mrs wife has banned me from mounting catapults, bows and arrows, axle knives and a klaxon to it! :D

• Like 1

Turns out that the bug I found in the solidworks2019 beta test was a pretty f**king big one, to the tune of the 7th most important, globally for beta 1 :o

Got my name on the list of the top ten beta testers on the planet, well it was never going to be for riding a trials bike :D

Edited by forteh
  • Like 4