Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke Rainbird

24tour - 24tour.co.uk

17 posts in this topic

For the past few years, the 24tour has grown into somewhat of an annual event on the UK street trials calendar. With that in mind, I figured that it was about time that I laid claim to a small corner of the web in which I could collate the fragments of roadtrip coverage and assorted other thoughts and ramblings that were previously scattered far and wide.

Updates will likely be few and far between (particularly since the Media page is playing silly buggers and cocking up additional images at the mo...) but for those of you wondering just what it's all about;

24tour.co.uk

24tour.co.uk

samquote2009.png

2 people like this

Website is cool as f**k Mr Rainbird! Really need to sort my life out and get involved next year!

Approve (Y)

Agreed, in next year for an appearance.

Also, am I a geek for spotting this as your avatar a few weeks back?

this is awesome luke! also my garden :) :) :) :)

Cheers gents. Would be great to have you guys along for the ride this summer, shall keep you in the loop.

Dave - It was about time to get things sorted properly really, so I chucked up a 'holding' page while I was working behind the scenes and happened to be chatting to someone about QR codes at the time. Seemed to make sense. But yes, definitely a geek :P

I'm kind of hoping that by this being a little more 'legit' I can use it as a bit of a platform to kick start a couple of other little ideas on the side of things too.

Will post up if that goes any further though (Y)

any reason you lads wouldn't come up north again?

Really would like to ride blackpool again and you lads seem like a great crack

Word, if you guys let me know when you'll next hit up stoke plaza, I'm there.

:D If the route plan hits blackpool and surrounding area's I'd love to actually join in the fun this time and not just sit on a rock wondering how the f**k you guys were doing that! LOL

There's absolutely nothing stopping us from heading north again this year, though no locations have been set in stone yet so I guess the best I can give you at the mo is somewhat of a "watch this space" type cop-out response on that front :P

I'd imagine we'll probably get involved with somewhere near you guys throughout the week though, so it'd be great to see you all get involved.

1 person likes this

Havent actually got round to going to one yet, but really keen on going next year!

Minor update on the blog with some words from Sam on what the 24tour is to him. Cheers dude (Y)

I like the point made by Sam at the end. I kind of admire those who are prepared to "enter the red" in the name of having fun.

Plans to include Glasgow?

Should have mentioned this a while back really, but yeah. Bit of an update to say that after a chat with Ian, it seems that Phoenix Riders Co. are keen to get involved with the trip this year. No hints as to what's going down yet mind; you can have those later ;)

http://24tour.co.uk

5 people like this

Hey man,

I think you need to 'brighten' up the hyperlink to media and blog...i only found it today after my third time of looking at the site, wondering what the hell you'd actually done on the site ;-)

Brightened up a little to make it more obvious, cheers for the feedback (Y)

Just a minor one;

We've been posting updates to Facebook/Twitter using the hashtag #24tour this week while we're on the road. You can find all of these on the 24tour.co.uk home page.

Unfortunately it seems you can't currently embed a Facebook feed in the same way you can with Twitter, so there's a link to the Facebook page with all the updates which is the main source of info as we go.

Feel free to get involved with everything using the #24tour hashtag :)

1 person likes this