! New Crankset system AS30 !

Crewkerz

Zoo and echo system is not a standard and never will, that´s the problem.

thats true, but what i meant is it makes more sence to manafacture a product to be compatiable with existing frame set-ups, rarther than make your own standard.

I know that at the end of the day, someone has to start a new standard, but it'll be a shame if other trials manafacturer's dont use this, then the cranks set-up will only be usable for Crewkerz frames.

Also, i thought the Echo/zoo bb was the same size as certain bmx's? - Beaten to it by Ali >_<

Edited by Martin Reynolds
  • Like 1

thats true, but what i meant is it makes more sence to manafacture a product to be compatiable with existing frame set-ups, rarther than make your own standard.

I know that at the end of the day, someone has to start a new standard, but it'll be a shame if other trials manafacturer's dont use this, then the cranks set-up will only be usable for Crewkerz frames.

Also, i thought the Echo/zoo bb was the same size as certain bmx's? - Beaten to it by Ali >_<

I know and I said exactly the same thing at other forum, just not about echo/zoo but normal threaded BB with external cups.

The 30 mm axle have the good size to make a shimano spline. You can put a Freewheel or a sprocket and use a rear hub with FW.

We have to progress we can't keep the ISIS system for the highlevel bike. The level riders is higher year by year. we have to prepare the future.

(Sorry for my poor english)

Christian

• Like 2

Tapered headtubes and mtb spec bolt through axles would definitely be a winning setup. I was hoping when I ordered my Marino that he would have picked up on the headtubes by now but no such luck. I'm also not sure about the BB system, think going with a press fit system would have been a better choice but that's purely my own personal preference.

• Like 1

I don't object to it being used, but why does everyone bang on about tapered headtubes?

If you do it properly (á la Trialtech) they're plenty strong enough already.

I definitely like the idea of catching up with the rest of the world in terms of drivetrains though.

It'd be nice if it could play nice with Deng/BMX parts, but if going AS30 means splined freewheels are more likely to happen then I'm all for it.

I just hope that a divide doesn't develop - some companies use BMX size, and some AS30.

I DEFINITELY want a set of these. Press-fit BB is the only way to go, and I'm fully behind the idea of splined freewheels.

You could apply that question to almost any brand.
Koxx, Echo, Onza, Neon, Bionic, Zoo!, Atomz etc... just sounds weird because its a new brand.

I really like the idea, but those cranks are as ugly as sin.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Maybe because it's French, and in France it doesn't sound so silly. Bionic, Neon, Echo, these are English words, it makes sense. Crew is an English word though, but Crewkerz? :S

Better to stick to something that has international appeal. Inpulse works!

i heard that echo was actually named after dengs daughter or wife or something? has anyone ever even seen a photo of our mystery man who provides us with all these companies?

''Crew'' for the team, familly,...

''Kerz'' for the sound... Simply.

In fews weeks we turn on a mini website with all the 2D drawings to make this AS30. It's will be free. No patent and no licence. Easy to all the brand to use this standard.

It's crazy, no good for the money but really good for the customers.

AS30 use a pressfit 30 standard (Cups pressed in the frame)

BB30 is brearing pressed in the frame.

AS30 have shimano integrated splines on the axle

We use a shimano splines because it's easier for all manufacturer to produce FW, Axle,.... with this international Standard.

It's lighter, it's stronger (Bearings, axle) It's easier to clean, to replace a FW or change a bashguard,...

And more ...