Scottish champoinship dates 2013

kevind

Membership forms and event dates will be on Bike Trial Federation website soon.

Rnd1 18th Saturday May Kirkliston (cycle event) Good to go entries will be up soon here and on webpage

Rnd 2 8th Saturday June Fort William UCI down hill weekend inc British championship

Rnd 3 30th June East Lothian Rocks on beach at Cockenzie power station

Rnd 4 28th July Kinlochleven

Rnd 5 25th August Killin

Rnd 6 8th September Bob Macgregor Ayrshire. inc British round.

Best five of six count. (Fairer if you cant make Fort William)

Some changes. The Fort William shall only be a one day for Scottish and awards on that day as well. It is still a British two day with awards on Sunday. It will be a choice to the rider if he only rides Sat or Sun or Both. If you want Scottish points then as previous years you will need to join the club, if not then you only score British points on the Saturday.

If I can find another venue then I shall add it in towards the end of the year ( maybe as a non champ round) but as of now six rounds.

Edited by kevind
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Top secret at the moment and the usual "if I told you then I would have to kill you" applies and you are required for my master plan. Middle of the country is all I am offering for the next few weeks Haha meester wolfman. In Highland accent!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update. The first round at Kirkliston. I have been asked to change the date, as the farm had given me the wrong date. I will have a meeting today with them. I am still waiting on conformation from the estate manager as well. Hopefully all sorted next week. Everything else is sorted for the other dates. Sorry for the confusion but I only got notified end of last week.

Edited by kevind

After a few em to Kirkliston land owner and still no response. So I havnt discussed dates with the farm until I get a yes or no. Will keep trying. I will have to call a deadline on this soon and try to get another venue sorted if he hasnt responded. Last year it was no problem. Secret venue is advancing but we didnt meet up because of the snow last week. I should be passing the venue in the next month or so to survey a wind site in the Black Isle, so we will see. Sorry about this but S&*t happens all the time.

Not allowed quarrie for comp, ELF and softy at its best. lawyers will be burned at the stake when I am dictator and then the good people of earth with trials bikes shall play anywhere I like. Found a new section in the woods that has a huge down to some sharp pointy bits just for you oot of control experts. Been very busy but will try to get photies over at the weekend

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys but no reponse from phone or email from land factor for kirkliston. (last year was no hassle and the farm loved the event and want us back). If I have not heard anything by end of this week then I will have to look at Bob Macgregor on the SUNDAY the 19th if available. OR does any one have any other sites we can use please?

Edited by kevind

• 2 weeks later...

Its okay we have had areply from Kirkliston and we should be good to go. Also the original date of theSaturday the 18th is back to being okay as well. Will be going up this Sunday morning only (before the motorbikes come although they should all be away at a trial) to clean and layout the new sections I have found, Any help gratef**kly recieved) Should be up around ten but only if its not under 2 metres of snow. I spoke with Ian and we were ok. I just didnt want to lose another round and be down to Five for the year. Bob has been all reorganise to cater for their big schoolboy round later in the year, so it would have been different. I should be going out there next Tuesday as i am in the area working if I have time. So its all good. The trial is not in the quarry as I cant get permission from them, so its all in the trees oppisite the farm and behind the old house.

• Like 3

It was dated before they split the british and radfest this year. It was also to tie in with Lewis's do that he said the Clan were coming to on the Saturday. But now we will be in Spain till just before the event and also it clashes with the world motor bike trials at Penrith. I will have a chat with Lewis. and see whatcan be done. Only if you all promiss to come as know one arrived last year!! If I move it a week on then you have Newcastle city centre two day British the week after.

Looked at the dates around and other things and it would not suit me to re organise around that date, so the delinquents will just have to be delinquent.

Edited by kevind