Try all working on splined cranks/freewheel with integrated? spindle(f

ghostrider88

If that's the cranks, bb and freewheel its actually not that bad. I think i read that they're supposed to be stronger, stiffer and lighter than normal tryalls with a Ti bb and freewheel. Which when you consider cranks are £100, Ti bb is £120 ish, a decent freewheel is £60, plus alloy crank bolts etc. It's not actually that bad, especially if it a much stiffer, stronger and slightly lighter set-up. Everything new starts offa little more expensive, look at the new Echo SL cranks! Really it all depends on the freewheel and it's reliability....

A fixed front sprocket/rear freehub isn't really the way forward for trials though, so it's not too surprising they don't care about the few people who might want to run a rear freehub. If it means they'd have to compromise the size of the internals of the freewheel to suit a larger spline setup it'd be counterproductive too.

If that's the cranks, bb and freewheel its actually not that bad. I think i read that they're supposed to be stronger, stiffer and lighter than normal tryalls with a Ti bb and freewheel. Which when you consider cranks are £100, Ti bb is £120 ish, a decent freewheel is £60, plus alloy crank bolts etc. It's not actually that bad, especially if it a much stiffer, stronger and slightly lighter set-up. Everything new starts offa little more expensive, look at the new Echo SL cranks! Really it all depends on the freewheel and it's reliability....

My current setup is a reset ti bb £100, tryall cranks £110, echo sl ffw, £60, and an old adamant bashring which was £10...

Adds up to about £280 which I'd say is still quite pricey, but if their setup is lighter than the current lightest setup for a similar price then it's reasonable I suppose.

A fixed front sprocket/rear freehub isn't really the way forward for trials though, so it's not too surprising they don't care about the few people who might want to run a rear freehub. If it means they'd have to compromise the size of the internals of the freewheel to suit a larger spline setup it'd be counterproductive too.

:( shame

Can anyone shed some light on how these freewheels will remain on the cranks? I'd assume it'll have lockring, but the pictures don't really show any sign of one :/

Something about a freewheel flapping around scares me.

Its a screw on lockring, if you look at the axle you can see the threads. i do believe ive seen a picture of the lockring.

I think it's held in place between the BB bearing and freewheel, by the cap on the left hand crank pulling everything together. The Atomz setup has a lockring though.

so if that bolt comes loose everything just flaps about? :'(

No, there's a pinch bolt on the left hand crank arm too.

And what Dave said :P

oh okay, pinch bolt makes sense.

Yeah but if that bolt comes loose you tighten it up, you wouldn't ride with loose cranks now so what's the difference?

Yeah but I don't always notice right away when my crank's loose. . .