Glossy (+Crashes)

aener

I've always loved your riding and your videos are fun to watch, the only thing that really lets it down are always the music choises... Not hating, just saying that a actual song would make it a better video than just a bunch of random sounds..
Anyway awesome riding!

• Like 1

the only thing that really lets it down are always the music choises... Not hating, just saying that a actual song would make it a better video than just a bunch of random sounds..

The only way and "actual song" differs from any other soundscape of appropriate length is that hundreds of years of tradition have conditioned people's minds in to only appreciating western harmony as music.

You listen to the "actual music" you like because you like the sound of it, right? What about the sound of opening a can of Coke. That's a brilliant sound, but because it's not been used in thousands of scenarios and you're not accustomed to it you're not allowed to enjoy listening to it? No.

Music is defined as noises/sounds/frequencies put together aiming to produce something beautiful/emotionally expressive. For you that might genuinely be guitars drums and someone whinging about an ex-partner - but I'd wager it's that because it is for everyone else who doesn't spare a thought for what they can and cannot appreciate. I appreciate technical achievements and decontextualization, and not mindlessly reproducing what other people have a thousand times over with a minor twist. I'm sorry our opinions on what sounds good differs, but you can't write something off as not having artistic intent just because you don't like it. I don't like Picasso's work, but I wouldn't claim he wasn't an artist.

Thanks for the comments about riding (to all, not just Williams) :)

• Like 1

Whether you choose to believe it or not, society forces us to deem society's rules correct, whether you like it or not. So on that basis, random sounds :P

Buuuuut, i liked it! Beats mainstream techno step anytime, whatever that is. See FB for riding comments ^_^

• Like 1

Whether you choose to believe it or not, society forces us to deem society's rules correct, whether you like it or not. So on that basis, random sounds :P

I know this all too well from experience, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doggedly fighting, just for the sake of fighting ;) Haha.

• Like 1

As good as it is I feel increasing levels of unease when watching your videos. Your riding is progressing at such an astonishing rate that it's difficult for me to comprehend quite how you stick most of your lines. I genuinely fear for your safety 95% of the time and the crash videos go a long way towards confirming my fears.

Simply put; incredible but utterly terrifying riding.

• Like 1

I know this all too well from experience, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doggedly fighting, just for the sake of fighting ;) Haha.

Agreed.

As good as it is I feel increasing levels of unease when watching your videos. Your riding is progressing at such an astonishing rate that it's difficult for me to comprehend quite how you stick most of your lines. I genuinely fear for your safety 95% of the time and the crash videos go a long way towards confirming my fears.

Simply put; incredible but utterly terrifying riding.

bbfc-18.png

• Like 1

The only way and "actual song" differs from any other soundscape of appropriate length is that hundreds of years of tradition have conditioned people's minds in to only appreciating western harmony as music.

You listen to the "actual music" you like because you like the sound of it, right? What about the sound of opening a can of Coke. That's a brilliant sound, but because it's not been used in thousands of scenarios and you're not accustomed to it you're not allowed to enjoy listening to it? No.

Music is defined as noises/sounds/frequencies put together aiming to produce something beautiful/emotionally expressive. For you that might genuinely be guitars drums and someone whinging about an ex-partner - but I'd wager it's that because it is for everyone else who doesn't spare a thought for what they can and cannot appreciate. I appreciate technical achievements and decontextualization, and not mindlessly reproducing what other people have a thousand times over with a minor twist. I'm sorry our opinions on what sounds good differs, but you can't write something off as not having artistic intent just because you don't like it. I don't like Picasso's work, but I wouldn't claim he wasn't an artist.

Thanks for the comments about riding (to all, not just Williams) :)

At the risk of turning this into a thread about the music, which I don't intend to do but probably will, I actually enjoyed this soundtrack. I think I only enjoyed it because I'm used to your videos having weird as f**k sounds to them, and it's kind of endearing now. Maybe you're winning someone over to glitchy random noises.

The riding doesn't even need commenting on - the fact that the thunderbirds are coming back just reinforces my view that there's some very clever use of strings and pulleys in your videos.

Gotta be honest though, the actual visual side of the videos could get better. I can't really talk as a man of any authority on the subject though so that's not a dig, just an observation that I reckon your moves deserve a better bit of filming...