Tyke Trial - Sheffield / Derbyshire Area

Robin M S/c

As some of you will have noticed there are 4 Tyke Trials taking place this year in the Sheffield / Derbyshire area in addition to the normal events held in West Yorkshire.

My wife and I have been thinking about running some events for a while now and thanks to the agreement from Barbara and the rest of the Tyke Trial club we will run 4 events this year under their banner.

The 1st event will be held at Berrycliffe Quarry near Elton in 4 weeks time on the 10th March.

It would be great to see the all normal Tyke riders there but also some new ones from the local area or those further south who think the journey to the normal venues is just that bit too far.

Anybody wanting to give us a hand with the organisation would be gratefully appreciated.

The other dates / venues in the area are -

19th May Dudwood Farm, Nr Bakewell

18th August Gibralter Rocks, Nr High Bradfield, Sheffield

27th October Bracken Rocks, Nr Matlock

Please note that all these venues are private land and no one must go practicing at them unless they have the landowners permission.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any pictures of berry cliff ? I can't think if iv been there before

I'm going up there today Dave to have a good look round so I'll try and get some photos.

Its a steady venue and I would say two or three elite sections may be a bit tame but hopefully the other 5 or 6 will make up for it.

Presume you will be at Shipley tomorrow?

what help would be required? :)

Helping setting sections out, help with signing on, getting full quota of observers, telling observers when its finished, collecting all flags and section markers in and putting them all away, ensuring venue left tidy.

Any help with these would be good cheers.

Ill be happy to give a hand at the Gibraltar rocks trial. I live about a minute away and constantly set out hillsborough trials there so know the land well.

There is however a cause for concern, we (hillsborough club) have a trial scheduled for the 18th of August and that date is usually when we have the BBQ trial there. Now I'm unsure cause it is yet to be confirmed (ill find out at the club meat on Wednesday). Just worried in case both clubs have asked for permission for a trial and the land owner has got confused?

Well it's the first of the tyke trials in Derbyshire this weekend.

Entries to date have been slow. Please send your entries as soon as you can so we can get everything in place before the trial.

We have planned most of the sections so just need to set out on Saturday.