The horrible wheel switch...

Alle.C

You have to sit further to handlebars when your hitting the object with your frontwheel. And it gets easier when you look at the frontwheel aswell:)

Fast forward to 3:55, I know that it's just a up to front, but he shows exactly how it's done though ;) Good luck.

Looks pretty good, but I think you stay on the front wheel for too long. Your momentum will be much less the longer you stay, I saw trials addict share a video of Adam baxter doing an up to front (rolling), the rear wheel doesn't even lift higher than the height of the obstacle but he switches it so well.

If that doesn't make sense I could try find the video, I think it was Adam anyway.

Edited by JMCD

I can't remember weather it was on trials addict but it was about I'm Facebook :) it's a bit different when doing it rolling.

When I do it static I tend to set up more angled to the wall rather than straight and it looks like as said you need to get further over the front by the looks of things, it is much easier to get the back wheel on once your weight is further over. As for the angle I mentioned I set up more sideways and also set up opposite for a static one its strange but seeks to help. Hope this made sense and let us all know how it goes want to see if it helped :)

Adam.

Looks pretty good, but I think you stay on the front wheel for too long. Your momentum will be much less the longer you stay, I saw trials addict share a video of Adam baxter doing an up to front (rolling), the real wheel doesn't even lift higher than the height of the obstacle but he switches it so well.

If that doesn't make sense I could try find the video, I think it was Adam anyway.

This, you're just stalling on the front too long & losing momentum. Everything else looks alright.

generally i have found that the longer you are on the front wheel, the steeper your back wheel has to be to switch it. angling definitely helps as you have less distance to move the rear wheel. but keep practising straight then you can do bollards and things. for better switching either get more over the front wheel or switch earlier

I'd say the obstacle is too small, you haven't got enough momentum and you're doing it too slowly. I suck at doing this onto narrow obstacles but I do find that going as fast as possible (pedal gap onto the rear wheel rather than pedal kick), not letting the front wheel drop too much and just diving for the edge at a 90* angle helps a lot. You want to do the switch very quickly, while your rear wheel is still "climbing up". That way you maintain the momentum through the switch.

• Like 1

learn with the pallet flipped the other way around first. then turn it that way once you have perfected technique, it looks as if you are going in far to soft. put more power/effort into the swap instead of letting it flop. use your body to really shift the bike.

learn with the pallet flipped the other way around first. then turn it that way once you have perfected technique, it looks as if you are going in far to soft. put more power/effort into the swap instead of letting it flop. use your body to really shift the bike.

When I'm doing that, there's no problem doing the switch at all :)

I cant believe im the 1st person to say this..but your back brake looks cack! Slipped almost everytime??

Well, I can honestly say that both my brakes suck a bit..