Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

They lack power compared to modern brakes (hence the need for 203/185 rotors) but they work fine, the lack of silly power does mean that it's far easier to modulate the brakes and not just lock up.  I've struggled to get the front pads bedded in (using hope organics) because around cannock chase I simply cannot get enough heat into it on any of the descents, it's slowed me down faster than the heat builds.  One of the gert massive hills on the brecon beast ride sorted that out and it's been much better since.

Personally I would like them to be a little more powerful but beggars can't be choosers.  I could probably drop to a 185 front rotor but I don't have one to match, neither do I have a 165 caliper (to go on the +20 adaptor) to fit it.

Edited by forteh

My two favourite non trials bikes.

-DMR Sect with spank/O1 wheels, fox 831 34 fork, spank bars and stem, bontrager g0 tires. Now with snafu cranks and chromag seat. 

-Remedy 2016 with shorter stem on it for rippin, now with bontrager rhythm elite rims.

I'm planning on trading in the remedy for a Trek Slash, or a 2017 remedy this year. Hopefully with the new super deluxe/pike suspension. I'm currently overhauling the dropper post. Developed play and squish. Fun! The dirtjumper is perfect. I am interested in a dj frame with a strong disk mount and low gear though. Old school trials could be the new new school ;) 

P1020420.JPG

P1020397.JPG

Just for the hell of it :D

Also realised my reverb could do with a full service, pretty sure the top bushing is shot (a little fore and aft play at the dust seal) but whether to send it off to tftuned for 85 quid or spend 40 quid on a service kit and do it myself?

tmp_1484-DSC_0251259291033.JPG

"whether to send it off to tftuned for 85 quid or spend 40 quid on a service kit and do it myself?"

I'm waiting on parts currently, I'll post here when it's done. I was told by the tech at the distributor that I should expect a 3 hour job for my first one. If I spend 3h on it and it doesn't work after...

Edited by jamesb

11 hours ago, jamesb said:

I'm waiting on parts currently, I'll post here when it's done. I was told by the tech at the distributor that I should expect a 3 hour job for my first one. If I spend 3h on it and it doesn't work after...

Having watched and absorbed the sram service videos I'm quite happy to strip and rebuild it, would have to invest in the tooling to do it properly but I understand you can do it all without.

There's nothing particularly complicated in there, just a lot of bits and pieces to replace :)

I dug them out the shed, I haven't had a chance to look to see how bad they're leaking (if they are, I honestly can't remember); I'll endeavour to have a better look at them tonight.  They're actually upgraded with the adjustable damper cartridges from a Z1 bam, however I don't think I have the top spring preload adjusters (again I'll have a look).  You should be able to adjust the preload with a spanner without any difficulties and spare adjusters might be available from tf tuned or one of the other suspension tuners.

I'll let you know when I've had a better look at them :)

• Like 1