Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

• 3 weeks later...

It was opening day at Whistler Bike Park yesterday. The trails were fresh and I was happy I chose to ride my trail bike instead of the downhill bike. The Bronson is such a capable bike! I doubt the trails will stay smooth for long so the DH bike will certainly be getting more use in the park than the Bronson :P 

13254440_10154232428623896_4980293246074890610_n.jpg

• Like 2

Here is my new cuddle-machine, got it cheap,but new, i got used to the color combo, At least its metallic, lol.. Now i like it.

Upgrade the tires to conti trial king 2.4 front, and 2.4 baron in rear..replaced the handlebar to the old but new one i had, install lighter tubes, took of the rim tapes.

DSC_0262.JPG

_20160428_183111.JPG

Edited by 87Monty
  • Like 2

Got myself a mission on this week as I've got loads of bits I've had lying about waiting to get fitted. 

First up will be carbon forks and hope headset on my CX bike, next is to build up my other Saint to go on the front of my 4play and then I need to swap the clutch mech off the CX to a 105 and change my sons drivetrain from 1x9 to 1x10. 

Also on the side project Rockhopper I've sourced some U-turn 140mm Pikes to go on which should be here for the weekend! 

On 5/21/2016 at 8:13 PM, haydon_peter said:

It was opening day at Whistler Bike Park yesterday. The trails were fresh and I was happy I chose to ride my trail bike instead of the downhill bike. The Bronson is such a capable bike! I doubt the trails will stay smooth for long so the DH bike will certainly be getting more use in the park than the Bronson :P 

13254440_10154232428623896_4980293246074890610_n.jpg

Theres no way that picture isnt photoshopped.  It looks wrong on so many levels :P

On another note i think im going to go buy a Whyte 901.  My work just starting doing the cycle2work scheme so i should save a good chunk via that.  Nothing like the spec of half the bikes on here but something half decent to get back into riding on.

1997 cannondale f500 in Dodge Viper red, modernised (where appropriate), barn (actually a garage) find, been working on this since I got it around 2009, finished most of it, upgraded headshok cartridge with an oil damped unit with a lockout, most recent was the middleburn cranks and Isis bottom bracket.  The avid black ops levers and xtr v brakes have some of best modulation I've came across, still a few tweeks to make, seat post (thinking Thompson) and seat, not too shabby for a 19 year old bike, no bubbling under the paint as with most dales I've seen from this kind of vintage, still puts a smile on my face riding it :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

So happy to finally have a half-decent mountain bike. It's a fairly low-end bike in the grand scheme of things (Vitus Nucleus 275 VR), but it rides great. MBR gave it 'the best hardtail of the year under £500', so I knew I couldn't go too far wrong.

DSC_0197_zpsnwgzusny.jpg

• Like 1