Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think I'll ever be able to hop this bike much. Lofting the front is Ok, the back...

20170411_badHop.thumb.jpg.20bd10ac4102950f149ad2cf966a90cc.jpg

Follow the ice block road (snow groomed for skate-skiing in winter, after many spring thaw-freeze cycles.) Bumpy, wet, and uphill.

20170411_uphillTurnaround.thumb.jpg.67bda772f08a3f952962037d93003d19.jpg

Once the single track trails dry up a bit (currently lots of spring-runoff new lakes and streams there), I'll switch to the mountain bike.

Edited by DeersSlayer

• 3 weeks later...

Got a Boardman pro 29er on cycle to work. SRAM gx 1x11, guide r 4 pots, formula hubs. I changed the tyres from the shite standard fit conti's to maxxis ardents before I'd even rode it. One ride later and it's been treated to riser bars, new seat and odi longnecks. It's spot on, definetley faster than my full suss and it handles quite good as well. It doesn't turn as quick but it's bang on for what I want it for, which is a bit of xc and blue/ some red routes

IMG_1627.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

What is going on with that BB shell?!

It's a floating linkage that acts when the shock linkage moves meaning that the cranks stay in the same (relative) place, which in turn means the chain doesn't have any funky tight/loose situations no matter where the shock is in it's stroke, or how much the effective chainstay length changes throughout that stroke. It's really quite a piece of design when you get to see and poke around it in the flesh. Pluuss the entire frame & s/arm is a massive tanky carbon MF, so y'know, that helps too...

Edited by CC12345678910

3 hours ago, CC12345678910 said:

It's a floating linkage that acts when the shock linkage moves meaning that the cranks stay in the same (relative) place, which in turn means the chain doesn't have any funky tight/loose situations no matter where the shock is in it's stroke, or how much the effective chainstay length changes throughout that stroke. It's really quite a piece of design when you get to see and poke around it in the flesh. Pluuss the entire frame & s/arm is a massive tanky carbon MF, so y'know, that helps too...

Ah so is it an extension of the I-drive type thing but with the whole shell moving rather than just a separate rotating component? Looked like the frame designers forgot to put somewhere to bolt cranks and just chucked that cnc lump on the bottom!