Bucky

Post a pic of your non trials bike

1205 posts in this topic

As in, the trails in the UK aren't rough enough to warrant 5 inches of travel? Bahahaha!

That GT. Fort William. I could go on.

1 person likes this

I bought a DH bike a few weeks back (Lapierre DH727) after riding a friend's one through an easy blue route and over some jumps and finding it easier and more fun to ride than my lighter, shorter travel Zesty. Since then we've been to a few trail places in the south (mainly Stoughton Downhill) and had great fun. Mainly I bought it for my yearly (but hopefully soon more frequent) fortnights in Morzine/Les Gets, but I'm already finding plenty of fun stuff to ride in the UK, and that's before going to Wales, Scotland etc. Only thing I would say is that given the choice between owning only the Zesty or only the DH727, the DH bike would get the chop...

I can't speak for the GT Fury but the Lapierre certainly isn't like the stumpy, heavy DH bikes of old - I know this because I have an ATX-1 in the shed and just helped prep an old Sunn (which a mate is bringing to France, going to be interesting to do a run or two on that, given that Nico Vouilloz had input on both that and my Lapierre)...

dh-1.jpg.bd4b7e0d4f0be0d70721c4eb3319a00e.jpg

dh-2.jpg.17270aaa6f95bb897f30a8d6523bb814.jpg

3 people like this

The head angle on that sunn :unsure:

1 person likes this

Sacked off the fury for a intense have more trust in it 

IMG_20170710_190319.jpg

1 person likes this

On 05/06/2016 at 6:28 PM, japslap said:

1997 cannondale f500 in Dodge Viper red, modernised (where appropriate), barn (actually a garage) find, been working on this since I got it around 2009, finished most of it, upgraded headshok cartridge with an oil damped unit with a lockout, most recent was the middleburn cranks and Isis bottom bracket.  The avid black ops levers and xtr v brakes have some of best modulation I've came across, still a few tweeks to make, seat post (thinking Thompson) and seat, not too shabby for a 19 year old bike, no bubbling under the paint as with most dales I've seen from this kind of vintage, still puts a smile on my face riding it :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've made a few changes....

IMG_0367.JPG

3 people like this