Bucky

Post a pic of your non trials bike

1306 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Bar angle level with top tube.

That's how I set it up. I was told on pinkbike that I should roll them forward which I did today. Makes a huge difference in takeoffs. I nearly crashed because I was jumping too far. Took some time to get used to but now I feel really comfortable with the setup.

2 people like this

Cool beans :)

1 person likes this

Not a major change from last time, well apart from the beasty forks, renthal stem, easton carbon bars, imprint grips and the balloon tyre on the front :D

Its gained a bit of weight, the forks are heavy coil sprung smoothness and the conti is rather lardy but still only about 31lbs I think.

New set of bearings throughout, fork service and a some tweaking to the shock and she's riding lovely :)

Yes the bike is small but the labrador is huge!

DSC_0233.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Details on that frame are mint. What's the metal wheel arch thingy about between the rear wheel and the seat post? Never seen that on an MTB before. Was going to ask about the dog/bike scale thing, glad you cleared that up! :D

Edited by Daviesdt
Pressed post to early

That's just how intense used to construct their vpp swingarms, it ties the chainstays and seatstays together to keep the pivots stiff enough; on the newer shorter travel frames they tend to just put a single CS/SS brace on the non drive side (the enduro and downhill frames are braced on both sides).

1 person likes this

The 5.5evp's natural head angle is 70° with a 130mm fork, coupled with a reasonably high BB and a silly short wheelbase made it a little twitchy so was looking to slacken it out for a bit more stability.

Putting the rediculous length fork on the front (the vengeance is some 35mm longer axle to crown than a fox 36) had slackened the head angle loads.  The frame is designed for 140mm max, the forks are currently at 160mm which has slackened it out, wheelbase has increased from 1065 to 1085ish and head angle dropped to 67°.  Unfortunately the BB was then close to +35mm which is more than the triton :D

Fitted offset bushings to the rear shock, dropped the BB back to a more normal level and the head angle is now down to 65° or there abouts.  Still short as f**k but it suits me :)