Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Built from layaround parts onto xc frame and forks, gets me around every now and again.

Handsomedog XC frame, Bomber 22LO forks, king front and rear .etc.

(ignore the mess on the stem, it was my effort of mounting an old Android phone that had GPS and Maps installed so I could discover some new routes and track my rides)

Will be rebuilding this soon and trying to get out on it more often, including swapping wheels out with some retro Hope Ti Glide hubs and V's all round - new bars (flatter)

post-833-0-10000000-1378065148_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

True enough, I've always loved Pikes, and from what I've heard the new ones are even nicer.

Just wish they weren't black

I know there's connotations of old Marzocchis with black stanchions but these Pikes are so good it's not an issue. I personally, when going for an all black theme was really pleased when they released them with black stanchions as it complimented the look and looks better than Rockshox's typical colour. Also I'm not that enamoured with Fox's Kashima coating, it's a bit of a swizz and the last two years 34 generation forks have been absolutely awful. I've ridden a few and they're just terrible and considering they cost £500 more than the Pike's I'm happy to stay well away from Fox for the foreseeable future.