Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

Got a few new bits. Tried out a saint rear hub, that only stayed on the bike for 2 rides before i was back on a pro 2! So new rear wheel, new bars, new roadie cassette and gone Ti on the rear shock spring.

Why did you try the Saint in the first place?

You're not f**king about with that gear ratio set up. I take it you're not doing any uphill rides?

I take it you're not doing any uphill rides?

Wouldn't be nice with a MTB cassette either. :D

Here's mine:

12248951696_b7bcdf90ee_z.jpg
12248808214_ea5d5eb60e_z.jpg
I have already gotten rid of the bashguard and have mounted a sixpack leader handlebar that goes along nicely with the headset. I also swapped the slx top caps of my brake levers with the black Shimano ones. Looks so much better now.
  • Like 2

Yeah she's a weapon on it. Before we bought the house last year we where out on the bikes most evenings/weekends at pines or some local trails and she got really quick on it, got quite fearless too which was cool but quite worrying, she thought nothing of red graded trails haha.

That model came with toras, avid juicy3s, Deore crankset and SRAM x7 gear set. The only thing I want to change is the wheel set for something sealed so on the lookout for a deecent set of pro2s or similar.

• Like 1

I work at decathlon and it is soooo easy to sell the bikes cause they are amazingly specced for the money. We are going to start selling an enduro build rockrider sometime in summer that's 140mm with sram kit, 1x10, dropper post and manitou forks for roughly £1200!!!

I'll post up some new pics of my trek remedy , which I have renamed money pit after chainging so much on it, later this week. I bought a superstar chain guide but I think I'd have dropped the chain less if I didn't use it it has been that awful! So my plan is to run a clutch rear mech and a narrow wide ring and go without a chain guide.

• Like 1

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=818

I asked superstar if they could help and they told me to run a bash ring to stop the chain dropping, i got a hope bash ring and suprise suprise it's made no difference. to be honest I'm going to try and get my money back for it.

Isn't the idea of that guide that you don't need a bash? I really like my Blackspire Stinger, does a great job! I'm guessing you need a top guide as well though?

Does anybody on here want some Rebas (not sure if they are Race or Team ones) U turn 80-120mm, remote lockout, motion control, blah blah. Really nice forks but a bit too short for my Giant annoyingly. £100 posted to any TF members before i whack on ebay

That's exactly what I thought, why bother putting another bashring on?

I've done a bit of research and it seems people are having good results without a chain device. I think I'll go for a zee clutch mech and raceface cog, not sure about running an alu front ring though?

Does anybody on here want some Rebas (not sure if they are Race or Team ones) U turn 80-120mm, remote lockout, motion control, blah blah. Really nice forks but a bit too short for my Giant annoyingly. £100 posted to any TF members before i whack on ebay

How do you think they would fair on my 140mm intense? Bearing in mind I have 125mm forks on at the moment and have no issues. How are they to ride? My only real experience of forks is from the old bombers which whilst really plush are quite rudimentary on the damping front.

What axle are they, post or IS mount and do you know how heavy they are? :)

Edit: do they have the lockout threshold, twin or solo air and do you know what year they are?

Edited by forteh

Very plush for air forks! They feel the same as my coil Pikes i'm running currently. No idea on how they would feel with the Intense, my issue with my Giant was my pedals catching on the floor due to a low BB. The low weight of them makes the front of your bike feel so sprightly, that's the one thing I dislike about my Pikes is that they are so heavy!

Spec:

2007 (I think....)

IS mount

9mm dropouts

Twin air chamber

Compression adjustment

Rebound adjustment

Weight 1730G (actual weight as they are now)

Remote lockout