BIU License 2013

Scotty Evil1

Hi Kev,

Aaron will not need a BIU license unless you are planning to do one of the BIU international events in Czech, Spain or possibly China. He doesn't need any licence for the British championships but would need a licence from British Cycling if you were planning to do the Youth Games in the summer.

Just to clarify, you do not need to have a BIU licence in order to compete in Biketrial Federation events, i.e. the seven British Trials Cup rounds listed in yellow on the BTF events page.

If you wish to compete in the international BIU rounds or any other BIU events organised in the UK, however, you will need a BIU licence. British Cycling membership and licences are required for the UCI Youth Games and UCI World Championships.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

Everyone else has answered it all above really! I was a bit slow catching up.

Dont think theres any BIU comps in the UK this year, so dont think you'll need to bother getting one if your planning to just stick to comps over here. Biketrial federations got that sorted :)

You'll only need one if your doing the BIU European cups,Euro champs or world championships, which is the reason I needed to look into getting one.

Scott

Yup I know about British system but we are intending to go to Spain for the BIU and EBU rounds which are back to back weekends, hence the reason I asked. China is cancelled as far as the webpage reports. Still, who do I send it to?