Grip wont stay on :(

dannytrialskid

Put my new foam grips on today. I first put them on with hairspray, the right hand side stayed on there pefect, but the left hand side come loose. They were left over night to dry.

So I took off the left hand side grip and cleaned the bar and the inside of the grip and tried it with water. Put a little bit of water on the bar and on the inside of the grip and left to dry for atleast 1 hour. All seemed good until after 5 minutes the the corner of the grip came loose, which made the middle bit come loose. If this makes sense?

So I tried with hair spray again, didn't work.

Tried with water again, didn't work.

Seriously getting agitated with it now. Not sure why it's doing it.

(--------)

/\

This bit comes loose.

(---------)

/\

Which makes the middle come loose.

(---------)

/\

This bit stays on the bar nice and tight.

Same thing happens every time. :'(

I know spray paint was suppose to work well, I wouldn't use it though, what hairspray are you using? have you tried putting the right grip on the left to see if its the grip at fault? may be a faulty grip? Lynx always used to work for me.... Or double sided tape on the bar, wet it so the glue becomes slippy then slide the grip on, every time I used to do that i'd have to cut the grip off once everything was dry that is ;)

My trialtech foams did this all the time I found the best thing was to put it on with nothing and tap it on, It was fine for that ride then when I came to the bike for my next ride, they would move again think its the cold. The only way I got them to stay was tape them to my bars on the inside.

• Like 1

I've had this problem with my Trialtechs foams. They just don't stick on that bloody handlebar without something s. I know I've said hairspray to you, but that didn't work with my Trialtechs foams, so I used some Locktite and they're deffo on nice and tight! :)

clean bars, clean grips, hairspray the bars and the inside of the grips, wait for them to set slightly then slide them on. i was also having problems with this but then decided to use hairspray like a real adhesive and its been fine for a fair while now.