Scottish Round 1 18th(Saturday) May

kevind

Entry form here and on Federation website for first round of Scottish championship.

Bigger and better section in car park this year and four new sections.

It is SATURDAY and pre entry will be a requirement please so I can get the paperwork done easier. On the day will be dearer now!

Please join the club before the first event as well.

2012kirkliston entry.doc

Kev, how does it go for riders who want to come along and give the comp a try but maybe not sure on whether they want to keep it up. Do they have to pay to join the club just for one round?

And seriously, pay more on the day? Going to screw us over like the southernerns are you?

Could help set up on the Friday of you need.

Hi Ross you can pay a £3 day membership like the lads you brought to Bobs last year no probs.Its not about the money its about two things that have to change this year.

1 Its a royal pain in the A**e having to do all the paper work on the day of the trial as well as everything else I have todo on the day for the sake of taking five minutes to get an entry off like I and everyone else have done in bike comps for the last 30 odd years.

2 I wont be organising a trial for 8 riders like last year all the way up in Kinlochleven or anywhere else this year. So get yer entries in

I just run the club under the Federation rules as theirs seem to work ok.

I will be there Friday from around 1 setting up including the arena section, so all help most welcome thank you.

Hope your ankle isnt to bad and you can heal soon Iain.

Hi Ross you can pay a £3 day membership like the lads you brought to Bobs last year no probs.Its not about the money its about two things that have to change this year.

1 Its a royal pain in the A**e having to do all the paper work on the day of the trial as well as everything else I have todo on the day for the sake of taking five minutes to get an entry off like I and everyone else have done in bike comps for the last 30 odd years.

2 I wont be organising a trial for 8 riders like last year all the way up in Kinlochleven or anywhere else this year. So get yer entries in

I just run the club under the Federation rules as theirs seem to work ok.

I will be there Friday from around 1 setting up including the arena section, so all help most welcome thank you.

Hope your ankle isnt to bad and you can heal soon Iain.

But Kev, what about those 8 riders? Do they not matter to you or the Federation? 2 of those 8 were your own, do they not deserve a comp? How many riders do you need to run a comp? 10, 12? Does it state that in the rule book? If its not about the money/numbers why do you have to worry about how many riders turn up? :wink2:

Ive got a keen lad who would like to try it out, so £3 seems fair. Ta.

Yes they do and we had a great laugh in the worst weather ever with the riders that made the effort to attend.Even had a mum as joint leader in the expert class for a bit of fun on the day. BUT 10 is break even for the club and I would run a trial even if it was just my two riding. BUT it isnt much fun when you have no one in class to compete against and the rules do say you need min three to be a class which I ignore to let the guys ride. I started up this club to give anybody a competition to ride in Scotland and generally do everything myself for each comp (thanks to everybody who helps though when they can) This is not in any way a complaint because I do get huge satisfaction from doing it and for me to see the the riders progress up the classes is my little plan and go to British or more to compete on even terms. Thats why I do COC for two British rounds this year to getthe Scottish riders involved. This will never be a big club in Scotland and I will keep it going for as long as I am able to and as long as there is a demand for competitions. What I am asking for this year was alittle bit of help in getting your entries in to help on the day. I can then do more in the way of posting a results page at the end of the day on pre organised sheets and hopefully make the day a better more organised day. I would love to have eight observers and let you ride as you wish but that aint possible so I change the rules to have a comp. Its never about the money or rules its always about the fun and friends.

It was the same request I made last year that was never complied with by most. (some did) and I then just asked to confirm your attendance by em or post here to help. If you dont have the facilities to get an entry in that would be fine. It also means I dont have hundreds of pounds sitting somewhere unattended in a bag at the events because sooner than later???

If this little effort to help me is not acceptable then so be it, it will go on and the late fee is no more. Thanks for your points of view I always will listen to them its for the riders first and foremost.

I was going to make the sections shorter this year as there was some points of view about that last year being to long for the time limit? It was aimed at making the riders faster and get fitter for those attending other comps.

Edited by kevind

Get out training then!! When you have other commitments its harder to find time the older you get. I know! Better get out in the next few weeks for Bracken as it is hard. Have fun and thanks for the help last year and thanks in advance for this year. Pauline has offered to do all the on the day paperwork at each round for this year, so that makes life on the day much easier. So thanks to her. Looking forward to it.

Mike at Mikes bikes has organised Blue good quality SCOTTISH BIKE TRIAL HOODIES. They have a saltire on the back with Dans club logo in the middle with Scottish Bike Trial Club in red over the top of the saltire. On the front is a small Mikes Bike logo (he is sponsoring all the medals for this year) and then the riders name. If anybody wants one then let me know size and name required. We hopefully will have them ready for Cragies farm. Still awaiting costs from printers on final design all money paid to Mike.

Edited by kevind
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No problem, enjoy the wedding drinking. Duncan got there last year on a 24. Still not had a mod win yet!! But the youth are getting closer and closer to the old muckers. Next one is at Fort Bill on the Saturday of the British two day. Big rocks on Saturday.

Duncan got there last year on a 24. But the youth are getting closer and closer to the old muckers. Next one is at Fort Bill on the Saturday of the British two day. Big rocks on Saturday.

Kev, Bens 24 is very different to Duncans 24 but I'm sure you knew that and you were just winding us up? No?

Big rocks on the Saturday? Dont we do the sections backwards on the Sunday?...Big rocks both days? :P

....Old?! Old?! How dare you.

• Like 1

Me wind up the older elite gentelmen of Scottish trials?? Its the beard Ross! Rocks smaller maybee in one direction my little apprentice. JUst been up there today to catch a SSDT section and the British downhill practice and start getting organised. Lots done and a couple of new sections and the others reorganised. Going up Friday the 31st May and SAT/SUN 1st/2nd to get sections sorted if anyone would like to help. Friday is big digger day kiddies. Just camping at venue. Cammy and Stuart coming up with me as my boys are away.

• Like 1

Friday help would be great thanks. Big digger is from quarry with driver, but I am sure you could drive the other one at Nevis sport if they are okay with it to reposition smaller stuff. I will ask next week. See you Saturday anyway

It was a recognition of your efforts so far, more to come or have you peaked?

Wolf BOY?? please read previous messages.

I'm only expert :wink2:

The beards past the point of no return now. Soon ill be wolf boy 2.

All I can say is well done to you all for getting through the day. Sill afew very wet and muddy faces at the end. Thanks for the card and as of Thursday I can get my new chest tattoo. " DO NOT RESUS" well done to the new guys and I think the new sections would have been great if it wasnt under so much rain. Next one at Fort Bill and the entries are out for Round 3 here and Federation. Not one bit of mud rain or shine for this one. Come on you street riders lots of scary rocks