Cuerden Valley Fair 18th May trials event

Krafty_pk

Hi there guys its me again, now this year ive left it bloody late i know! Ive been speaking with Adam and we both dont have a lot of time. But what i was thinking was if any local lads wanted to help organise it and plan a course then you are more than welcome to do so, ill help where i can but i am quite busy but i do want it to happen.

Would anyone be interested or am i wasting my time? Just our flyers are going to print tomorrow i think....

Hit me up asap on here or facebook 'krafty pk'

Cheers muckers

So it's happening again joe?

is this the usual one day thing or that 3day 'up north radfest' shabang that got rained out last year? I guessing the one day but thought i'd ask.

Wish I could help but I'm too far away. gonna link a mate to this now though. He might be able to help but he's pretty busy as well.

Im in preston and might be able to help the odd day over weekends, but same as everybody else im fairly busy too. Im a joiner so i have tools and also have abit of knowledge about building obstacles as i have my own, so let me know

I should be able to ride on 18th. If you do it like last time and place all the heavy objects, but have other movable bits that the riders can change then course set up shouldn't be an issue. I spoke to Stan (Tartybikes) and he said he'd go as well.

Edited by cultiv8ed_mike

cheers for replying guys, its just the one day for this but i do really want to sort a weekend shebang for later in the year.

basically if anyone local wants to send me ideas of what they want or help build something new and interesting then i would be most appreciative! Rob if you want to hook up briefly anytime to have a chat let me know.

the only other thing is we need to have some riders definately up for coming or a. ill look stupid and b. the chance of a weekend do would be slim jim. I know its all a bit last minute and i do appologise for that but anything you can do would be much appreciated even if you can only come for a couple of hours.

cheers folks.

PS mike, that would be the general idea, id get the skip and the car and stuff back with pallets and things to move, but need some more interesting obstacles to keep all you geezers interested and happy.

• 2 weeks later...

As above, Rob ^^ said he could help, buuut only if you can provide a definite date cos he feels the details are still are still a bit sketchy on his end of things. As for attendance, me and matt i are coming (at the moment anyways), one other has expressed an interest and I/we can prob get another involved and that's just in barrow,

out of interest joe, what materials have you got at your disposal? the same set-up as 2011? In which case it could be an idea to lay it out similar to that, and it will no doubt change around as the day progresses.

If you can remember, this is what me and rob did in 2011 anyway, we turned up early and (by accident not design) were the only riders till Cap and Matt turned up well over an hour later.

plenty of time to debug stuff.

EDIT: in basic, You did alright the first two years, why stress about it being boring now??

Edited by CC12345678910

The date is the 18th may, thats a definate (unless the rain bloody ruins it agaaaaaaaain but im sure it won't)

Right then boys, im going to get onto gathering things like the skip and reels and things again today.

I just don't want you guys to be bored, so if your happy with how it was then i can just sort out the same ish stuff and have you guys do what the hell you want again ;)

thanks for the kind words too bud

Mate. I was happy, but I can't (for fear of being blamed for it :giggle:) say that others enjoyed it.

Please take note that wonders can be done with a large supply of good pallets and ratchet straps.

hint: nails, hammer and free-reign are good too. :dance:

EDIT Oooo, cos i'm all street as f**k now (little injoke) some 3-4mm plywood sheet (strong when fixed but flexy to shape) and batons to make a mini/quarter/kickers etc. would be mint!

No pressure though. This is supposed to be a trials day after all.

And i would say to contact Rob L directly and mabye Tartys. Both could make useful contacts with such short notice.

Have fun fella.

Edited by CC12345678910

Right boys its on, im gpin on holiday this week till sunday but ill be pallet gahering when i get back, i wont require pre form filling this time but there will be something to sign when you arrive. How many guaranteed peeps do we have?

• Like 1

Atm it has rained a wee bit last night and sunday but its holding up okay atm, just have to keep our fingers crossed but its all go atm! Im currently trying to gather pallets but people don't seem to like parting with them, but ill sort it