Sottish Round 3 Cockenzie 30th June

kevind

Can't make fort bill unfortunately due to prior commitments, but ill do my best to get along to this one. Where abouts exactly is it in cockenzie kev?

EDIT Ignore that...i guess that it is here;

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=211469072000003399125.0004dd22e573c558ca895&msa=0&ll=55.964126,-2.976437&spn=0.002684,0.006073

Edited by ben_travis

There is one run up at the far end on the 45deg wall. About four foot, how much run up do you need/want. Shave all that hair off like the tour de france boys so you can go quicker. Hope you can make it Ben, lots of precision and big static moves. Trying to keep it varied!!

How do I make you happy?

Aye its over near the Power station. Nae run ups...

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I'm keen to ride one of these comps but I had a query. I'm older than I used to be and much less well practiced. Is it possible to choose the route on the day after a brief inspection? And do you have many 'adults' riding any of the classes?

Thanks very much

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not ridden any of the Scottish club rounds before - but i would assume they run like Tyketrial etc so here is my two penneth.

Definatley enter for one - i wouldn't know on ages of guys up in the Scotland club rounds, but at the British round at Fort William there was all varieties, and even the dads of the kids riding are all friendly and there to help and support.

Novice is a good entry point if you are competent on a bike, but get there early and walk a few, and change up / down before the trial starts if need be. Also Tyke allow you to ride 3 sections to see how you feel - if by the third you still find it too hard, or too easy, go back to control and change.

Hope this helps a little!

Paul

Boss here, very relaxed club and thats good. Please just turn up in plenty time, have a look and then just decide what route you want. Then go out and have some fun. The sections at this event are all very close together, so its easy to have a quick walk around in the morning. You can also ride three sections and then decide to move up or down a class if you need. As for Adults, we bit short on them as most of them seem to work weekends or have demo commitments but I wouldnt worry about that, there are a few regulars that turn up in a couple of classes. See you Sunday.

Hi Ross,

Thanks. wind at Kirkliston would have been better and rain at Cockenzie would have been better. Iceland trials heaven and 24hrs daylight. Good ride on a bike with a seat. (Ben would be proud of you) Need to practice counting to eight.

Thanks to all the obsevers and sign on ladies. Entries up with a few new riders and I hope you all enjoyed yourself. See you all at Aviemore.

And all your toe down dabs. fairs fair. Still won by over twenty marks and he only had one time out five all day and he is only 15. Be a gracious in defete and if you got it flaunt it. famous expression by me. Off today to get our arses kicked by the Spanish. Peters wee line should have said HIS not MY!! Thanks for the great photos of Aaron on faceblank didnt see any pedal dabs! off line for two weeks now so you will need to pick on someone else for the banter. LAC.