has anyone made his own pad refills?

FamilyBiker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for your nice post!

well,theres no further testing now,they work.me and three mates are riding only my "trimps" since months.

no problems,decent dry performance on light,down to a dull grind,no slippage when its moist.rain is another thing,but hey,nobodythings perfect :)

got around 40 sets left if anyone does fancy some

either i got a bad batch or they are utter shite! no offence. had them on a grind for half an hour practicing at home, wore down over half way, took them and and later i had a smooth rim so i tried them again, they lasted an hour at home then they sort of disintegrated. my sidewalls turned green, and it was in lumps like a rubber which you use to rub out pencil.

EDIT. i have three sets and all completely different. 1 light and translousant 2, opaque and a very dark green, and 3, dark and transloughsant.

Edited by Disc.Jokie.

you got the first set untreated,the second and third heattreated,the darker ones are moulded under air pressure to try and keep the bubbles out.

(which i tried especially accounting your advice sooner in this thread)

i told everyone who tried my pads that theyre far from being a finished product.

me and my mates are fine since months now,sorry if you havent had a good experience with them,jack

Edited by FamilyBiker

• 6 months later...

Wow really?

yes

:)

i didnt grind my rim since then either,turns out my pads get even more bitey the more the grind dies.what ive found intersting too was the wet performance,its still prett good.

so to the people who did or do research in making pads.its not just "a hard pad for ground,a less hard for smooth rims"

couldnt be happier all in all with the outcome of my project,got a lifetimesupply of my pads at home and being able to produce them exactly like that,if i run out of them, is nice too

yes

:)

i didnt grind my rim since then either,turns out my pads get even more bitey the more the grind dies.what ive found intersting too was the wet performance,its still prett good.

so to the people who did or do research in making pads.its not just "a hard pad for ground,a less hard for smooth rims"

couldnt be happier all in all with the outcome of my project,got a lifetimesupply of my pads at home and being able to produce them exactly like that,if i run out of them, is nice too

Wow! I might try making some! Edited by jnthebiker

well good luck,i spent hundreds of euros and weeks in my secret lab (kitchen^^) to achieve the results i have now

but its great fun and if you manage to make some decent pads i am in for a swap so we can try each others pads out :)

What exactly did you end up doing for the final results? Or should I just read the whole thread haha?

If I ever end up doing it, I'd love to swap! :)

i hope its understandeable i wont write out a step-by-step instruction how my pads are made,because i wouldnt like someone to make money out of my idea before i had the chance to.atm i am only throwing donations i get for sending test-pads out back into the process of developing my own pads,

but who knows what the future brings with it.

but a tldr version of it would be

-buy material

-try

-buy material

-try

-buy material

-try

lots of scratching head and getting mad are part of the receipe too,but i wwont tell the exact amount,its my secret^^

Edited by FamilyBiker

i hope its understandeable i wont write out a step-by-step instruction how my pads are made,because i wouldnt like someone to make money out of my idea before i had the chance to.atm i am only throwing donations i get for sending test-pads out back into the process of developing my own pads,

but who knows what the future brings with it.

but a tldr version of it would be

-buy material

-try

-buy material

-try

-buy material

-try

lots of scratching head and getting mad are part of the receipe too,but i wwont tell the exact amount,its my secret^^

Okay, thanks. :)